Curb Your Enthusiasm (for Jeff Tweedy)

This should be good. I enjoyed Garlin's interview of Tweedy.

The last season of Curb Your Enthusiasm was largely built around the famously abrasive Larry David having to interact with the infinitely likable Lin-Manuel Miranda as they struggled to put together a musical based on the life of Salman Rushdie, with the two naturally getting roped into an Alexander Hamilton-style duel. For season 10, David is calling in another famous friend—though he is apparently actually Jeff Garlin’s famous friend. According toVariety, Wilco’s Jeff Tweedy will be appearing in the news season, presumably as heightened, touchier version of himself. Tweedy previously appeared on Parks And Recreation as reclusive musician Scott Tanner (who was basically just Jeff Tweedy but he lived in Indiana), and he popped up in a few episodes of Portlandia as himself—or at least a low-key, quirkier version of himself, which is definitely not the same thing as playing the Curb version of yourself.

The new season of Curb won’t premiere until at least 2020.

https://news.avclub.com/larry-david-to-piss-off-jeff-tweedy-on-the-next-season-1834485130

I wish Garlin's podcast had lasted longer. Agree that the JT one was great. Garlin is just hysterical. His laugh is so infectious. Saw him to his "standup" a few years back and highly recommend catching him live if you have the opportunity.

His podcast also introduced me to Tig Notaro. That was a pretty important discovery in my life.

• 10 months later...

This should be good. I enjoyed Garlin's interview of Tweedy.

https://news.avclub.com/larry-david-to-piss-off-jeff-tweedy-on-the-next-season-1834485130

I wonder what happened to this. I had been waiting all season for a Tweedy appearance on Curb, but the after last Sunday's finale, the season is over with zero Tweedy (there were a lot of other celeb cameos though). Maybe he filmed something that got cut? Maybe plans fell through? Oh well, it was a pretty good season in any case!

I wonder what happened to this. I had been waiting all season for a Tweedy appearance on Curb, but the after last Sunday's finale, the season is over with zero Tweedy (there were a lot of other celeb cameos though). Maybe he filmed something that got cut? Maybe plans fell through? Oh well, it was a pretty good season in any case!

Pret-ty, pret-ty, pret-ty good.