Jan18-22, 2020 Wilco's Sky Blue Sky

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Schedule is out! Kind of sucks that Dr. Dog is headlining the third night and Jeff is playing an afternoon beach set since I’m guessing that means it’s him solo and not with a band. But overall, very exciting! Now I just need to buy some PJs for the theme night haha.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest LargaVidaAWilco

What happens in the event of a potential blizzard? Can you make your own flight to the event a day earlier than the package deal? The lodging doesn't bother me, but including flights makes me feel like you'd lose some freedom in getting there. Also a bit odd that the event begins on a Saturday.

You can fly down any time. Getting to the resort a day early helps you beat the check in crowds, but even if you arrive day of it's not that bad. I'd recommend NOT staying at Hard Rock if you head down a few days early. It's pricey compared to nearby hotels, largely because of the all inclusive aspect of it. We've stayed before and after, but always off site.

• 2 weeks later...

Am very new to this site, so bear with me if this is NOT the right place to post this.... I have purchased a Concert Courtyard Gold (whatever that means) double room, and am travelling solo (they don't sell single rooms, so if you go alone you are forced to pay for a second person whether you find a person or not!)  Anyway, just putting this out there:  I'm in charge of payment and the cost to add a roommate goes up next week.  If there's anyone out there looking to go, I have a room in one of the bldgs. that are on the side of the courtyard where Wilco will be playing, though not sure how close to the stage my room/balcony is.  The cost is pretty high, so I'm hoping someone will want to go but just has no one to share room with... I'm female by the way!  

• 1 month later...

More activities and excursions announced!  Some of the excursions look pretty cool, but i'm not sure if I want to get up so early after a potentially late night to go look at some ruins and maybe miss a mezcal tasting with Nels and John.

Am very new to this site, so bear with me if this is NOT the right place to post this.... I have purchased a Concert Courtyard Gold (whatever that means) double room, and am travelling solo (they don't sell single rooms, so if you go alone you are forced to pay for a second person whether you find a person or not!)  Anyway, just putting this out there:  I'm in charge of payment and the cost to add a roommate goes up next week.  If there's anyone out there looking to go, I have a room in one of the bldgs. that are on the side of the courtyard where Wilco will be playing, though not sure how close to the stage my room/balcony is.  The cost is pretty high, so I'm hoping someone will want to go but just has no one to share room with... I'm female by the way!  

late response - contact the Skybluesky support team. You sound like you’ve booked- they can assist and even provide for late accommodations. I think there’s a escalating clause for name changes and such. Check the https://wilcoskybluesky.com/

easy peasy. 

• 1 month later...

I see that Bob Weir (with Dead & Co) is playing not too far away in Cancun and their four day festival - Playing in the Sand - finishes on 20th Jan. That gives him some time to make it down to Sky Blue Sky for a song or two on the last night...too much to hope for?

Two more weeks!  I’m kind of surprised they haven’t announced the activity schedule yet, but hopefully soon.

I've received several emails about activities and excursions.  You should check with the event organizer.

I see that Bob Weir (with Dead & Co) is playing not too far away in Cancun and their four day festival - Playing in the Sand - finishes on 20th Jan. That gives him some time to make it down to Sky Blue Sky for a song or two on the last night...too much to hope for?

Nope (not too much to hope for).