A friend offered me his extra ticket to see John Mulaney tonight. I'm not cool enough to have known who John Mulaney is, but I'm looking forward to the show! 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

das Wilco's  

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Oil Can Boyd said:

Saw Dylan last night.

Well, Jakob Dylan and the Wallflowers.  It was good.  I am not particularly a fan so I didn't have many expectations.  Aside from the hits and a Petty cover, I didn't know any of the songs.  But it was solid.  And he was definitely a more engaged performer than any time I have ever seen his father.  

Saw his dad on Saturday night in Columbus, Ohio. Still going strong at 80. 8 new tunes off his latest record. 

Saturday's show was my 21st and it was definitely the best produced show I seen from Dylan. The lighting was was great. They built up the stage and the band played on a light box, which was used very nicely. Definitely had a 'play-like' production feel. 

On 11/7/2021 at 1:45 PM, Boss_Tweedy said:

A friend offered me his extra ticket to see John Mulaney tonight. I'm not cool enough to have known who John Mulaney is, but I'm looking forward to the show! 

One of my favorite stand-up guys. Hilarious. I'm sure it was great....

Hi Calvino!

Superb Hershey Theatre with 3rd row loge. Definitely minimalistic stage with lights only coming from floor with long deep red curtain backdrop. Sparse by design. Heavy on new record, but by far the most audible I’ve heard Bob in many years. Like he WANTS to be heard, playing mostly chords on piano, and only coming out from behind briefly 3 or 4 times. Frail in physique, but strong as ever in voice. Band “under-played” a lot of the material in deference to the music, the mood and the message I believe. Tony A Game as always - though I did yearn for the Charlie/ Larry years once or twice during the show on guitar. Cool side note- jumped out during Early Roman Kings to hit the restroom - outside of merch guys and some staff there was NO ONE in the lobby. Dylan still commands that, in my book……

Curious if he will mix up setlist at the Beacon this weekend. Probably not. Not a problem. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, dagwave said:

Hi Calvino!

Superb Hershey Theatre with 3rd row loge. Definitely minimalistic stage with lights only coming from floor with long deep red curtain backdrop. Sparse by design. Heavy on new record, but by far the most audible I’ve heard Bob in many years. Like he WANTS to be heard, playing mostly chords on piano, and only coming out from behind briefly 3 or 4 times. Frail in physique, but strong as ever in voice. Band “under-played” a lot of the material in deference to the music, the mood and the message I believe. Tony A Game as always - though I did yearn for the Charlie/ Larry years once or twice during the show on guitar. Cool side note- jumped out during Early Roman Kings to hit the restroom - outside of merch guys and some staff there was NO ONE in the lobby. Dylan still commands that, in my book……

Curious if he will mix up setlist at the Beacon this weekend. Probably not. Not a problem. 

Thanks for the review. Dylan was definitely more active at the Columbus show. The Columbus crowd was great, as well. 
People were glued to their seats. 

22 hours ago, tinnitus photography said:

just back from Tedeschi Trucks Band

Tim, how was TTB? And Dino/Lemonheads/Walker? My buddy and I were strongly considering the latter, but opted for Flaming Lips/Particle Kid at HOB a couple weeks ago instead. My long overdue first time seeing the Lips, and Wayne and Co. did not disappoint.

Also thinking about TTB for Friday or Saturday- if anyone has face value tix they can’t use, please DM me. 😁

On 12/1/2021 at 10:20 PM, last cigarettes said:

Tim, how was TTB? And Dino/Lemonheads/Walker? My buddy and I were strongly considering the latter, but opted for Flaming Lips/Particle Kid at HOB a couple weeks ago instead. My long overdue first time seeing the Lips, and Wayne and Co. did not disappoint.

Also thinking about TTB for Friday or Saturday- if anyone has face value tix they can’t use, please DM me. 😁

there were some good seats that dropped for TTB for tonight, not sure if they are still around on Ticketmaster.

Dino/Lemonheads was solid. here are my reviews of both shows:

https://digboston.com/author/tim-bugbee/

• Like 1