• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

As promised, here's some pictures of the Beths on Friday night. As I don't drink they put me at the side of the stage in the all ages area. A guy was there with his 13 year old daughter. He wasn't fam

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, chuckrh said:

Got my Crowded House tickets. Nice seats.

My Finn concert buddy and I are still waffling about going because of the absolutely insane NYC prices.  We’ve looked at two pre-sales in two days and still haven’t pulled the trigger.  I guess we’ll decide tomorrow.

1 minute ago, brownie said:

My Finn concert buddy and I are still waffling about going because of the absolutely insane NYC prices.  We’ve looked at two pre-sales in two days and still haven’t pulled the trigger.  I guess we’ll decide tomorrow.

I know what you mean. The presale was confusing. I ended up paying a bit under $100 a ticket for decent ADA seats. first 10 rows were $300. Bob Dylan was even more money. between those 2 I've pretty much blown the concert budget. i did get tickets for Isobel Campbell in a tiny club for $20. bargain! i've instituted a new policy. i'm not going to see "legacy" acts anymore. i need decent & recent material before i'm going to shell out. I'm also pretty much avoiding the special summer shows at wineries & such. they're all more expensive & the crowds obnoxious. wine, picnics, group hugs: bleh! all this being said, go get you some Neil Finn tickets! he doesn't come around often & he has never disappointed me. I even shelled out for Fleetwood Mac with him & Mike Campbell. if those 2 hadn't been involved i wouldn't have gone. it was worth it. Neil is 1 of my top 5 favorite artists ever. I saw some pictures from the start of the Who tour. Pete looked bored, I don't know why he's doing it. Daltrey just looks & sounds old. a lot of my old faves are gone now like David Bowie & Tom Petty. I did buy Roger Waters tickets before the pandemic but he's promising new material & something new & unique with the presentation. his last tour was stunning. I'm sure this will be the last time with him, same with Bob Dylan. if Bob hadn't unleashed Rough & Rowdy Ways, I wouldn't have bothered. the bulk of the show this tour is that record. I'm good with that. 

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, chuckrh said:

I know what you mean. The presale was confusing. I ended up paying a bit under $100 a ticket for decent ADA seats. first 10 rows were $300. Bob Dylan was even more money. between those 2 I've pretty much blown the concert budget. i did get tickets for Isobel Campbell in a tiny club for $20. bargain! i've instituted a new policy. i'm not going to see "legacy" acts anymore. i need decent & recent material before i'm going to shell out. I'm also pretty much avoiding the special summer shows at wineries & such. they're all more expensive & the crowds obnoxious. wine, picnics, group hugs: bleh! all this being said, go get you some Neil Finn tickets! he doesn't come around often & he has never disappointed me. I even shelled out for Fleetwood Mac with him & Mike Campbell. if those 2 hadn't been involved i wouldn't have gone. it was worth it. Neil is 1 of my top 5 favorite artists ever. I saw some pictures from the start of the Who tour. Pete looked bored, I don't know why he's doing it. Daltrey just looks & sounds old. a lot of my old faves are gone now like David Bowie & Tom Petty. I did buy Roger Waters tickets before the pandemic but he's promising new material & something new & unique with the presentation. his last tour was stunning. I'm sure this will be the last time with him, same with Bob Dylan. if Bob hadn't unleashed Rough & Rowdy Ways, I wouldn't have bothered. the bulk of the show this tour is that record. I'm good with that. 

I have seen Neil Finn many times.  I have traveled the world to see him! But I’m not crazy about Dreamers Are Waiting, or about the current incarnation of the band.  I have tickets to 6 other upcoming concerts this year, all $25-$60 total including fees.

I have always had a close seat for a Neil Finn show, but $315+fees is insane.  That’s more than 3X what I paid for first 10 rows in the same theater when Crowded House last came through 12 years ago.  I also don’t want to spend $90-$100 for a lousy seat.  It’s a dilemma.  

37 minutes ago, brownie said:

I have seen Neil Finn many times.  I have traveled the world to see him! But I’m not crazy about Dreamers Are Waiting, or about the current incarnation of the band.  I have tickets to 6 other upcoming concerts this year, all $25-$60 total including fees.

I have always had a close seat for a Neil Finn show, but $315+fees is insane.  That’s more than 3X what I paid for first 10 rows in the same theater when Crowded House last came through 12 years ago.  I also don’t want to spend $90-$100 for a lousy seat.  It’s a dilemma.  

I'm about 20 rows back. The ADA seats are a bit elevated so I don't have to stand if the crowd does. I can't do it. Same seats for Dylan were $150. Almost all the shows I have tickets for are in clubs with reasonable prices like Amyl & the Sniffers, Strand of Oaks & Mike Campbell. He was the most for a small show @ $50. I'd much rather see him play 2.5 hours on his own than 40 minutes as a opening act, so I got lucky on that one. I've got Flaming Lips with Particle Kid next week. The Lips always keep things real with the money. I've seen Neil in a lot of different guises too including a few private invitation shows. A really great one was right when Woodface first came out & Tim Finn was still on the tour. I like the latest Crowded House more every time I listen to it. A lot of this excess cost comes from Live Nation & their ilk. They had the premium seat thing going on in addition to the deluxe packages. I really love how they are getting away with scalping their own product. It's like the Godfather when Michael took the mob legit. Recently Beach House came through town & I missed the onsale. Live Nation were charging $300 for "premium" seats in the balcony. Love the band but not for that money. I'm being very selective. It's getting very difficult for me to go to shows with the health stuff so I'm keeping it to stuff I really want to see no qualms. I can't do festivals anymore & the only mega show I'm going to is RHCP & that's only because John Frusciante is back with them. He's another top 5 guy for me. I've had the Waters tickets for damn close to 3 years now. I managed to get good "cheap" tickets so I held onto them. I think the amount of time I've got left where I'll be able to do stuff like concerts is extremely finite. I don't see it happening if I end up in a wheelchair which is an all too real possibility. I'm still fighting but feel like I'm losing a lot of days.

• Like 2

Flaming Lips/Particle Kid have postponed the whole northwest segment of their tour. COVID in the touring party. I was supposed to see them Wednesday. Just as well as I haven't been feeling too hot for the last week. Hoping they reschedule soon. I need a bit of escape & the Lips are excellent at providing that.

• Like 2
On 5/1/2022 at 6:54 AM, chuckrh said:

Flaming Lips/Particle Kid have postponed the whole northwest segment of their tour. COVID in the touring party. I was supposed to see them Wednesday. Just as well as I haven't been feeling too hot for the last week. Hoping they reschedule soon. I need a bit of escape & the Lips are excellent at providing that.

Looks like I have to wait until November 16. I hope Particle Kid will still be the opener then.

14 hours ago, tinnitus photography said:

anyone who has a chance to see the Destroyer/Rosali show, go. pls, take my word for it, it's a great pairing and two bands at the peak of their powers.

Agreed wholeheartedly! Was not familiar with Rosali, but commented was most impressive opener I’ve seen in years. And Destroyer- what a band- 6 piece that was locked in the whole show. And sweet sweet Bejar! A really beefed up sound compared to the records!

6 minutes ago, dagwave said:

Agreed wholeheartedly! Was not familiar with Rosali, but commented was most impressive opener I’ve seen in years. And Destroyer- what a band- 6 piece that was locked in the whole show. And sweet sweet Bejar! A really beefed up sound compared to the records!

i saw Rosali open for HGM last year but it was just her and Emily Robb; having a band behind her was a big improvement. and the sound that Dan's band got going was tremendous! i def should have worn ear plugs... 

• Like 1