• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

As promised, here's some pictures of the Beths on Friday night. As I don't drink they put me at the side of the stage in the all ages area. A guy was there with his 13 year old daughter. He wasn't fam

Posted Images

On 10/7/2022 at 1:44 PM, DiamondClaw said:

You are literally living my dream.

It was the best run of shows I've ever experienced. The downside is that by Friday night I was so tired I actually have no recollection of Spoon covering John Lennon's "Isolation" during the encore. And I was totally sober. It was an epic week of live music the memories of which I'll always treasure.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Boss_Tweedy said:

It was the best run of shows I've ever experienced. The downside is that by Friday night I was so tired I actually have no recollection of Spoon covering John Lennon's "Isolation" during the encore. And I was totally sober. It was an epic week of live music the memories of which I'll always treasure.

I tried! When I saw how this was all going to line up, I concocted a trip to New Orleans for the wife and me. My wife is not a music fan (Wilco or Spoon anyway) but does love New Orleans, so I actually go her on board. Oysters, Cafe Du Monde, she was even willing to go to the Spoon shows... until we found out she had an important work event she couldn't miss. Soo close!

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
16 hours ago, DiamondClaw said:

I tried! When I saw how this was all going to line up, I concocted a trip to New Orleans for the wife and me. My wife is not a music fan (Wilco or Spoon anyway) but does love New Orleans, so I actually go her on board. Oysters, Cafe Du Monde, she was even willing to go to the Spoon shows... until we found out she had an important work event she couldn't miss. Soo close!

So sorry you couldn't make it. Not trying to rub it in, but October's a great time to visit NOLA. I wasn't dying in the heat while waiting for the doors to open. Next time! 

• Like 2

Caught The Who last night in Chicago. Well worth it. I have a few songs on my Lifetime Wish List (Talk Show Host by Radiohead, Feed of Man by Wilco, ahem - done, to name a few), and Naked Eye by The Who. They played it, and it was well worth the wait. Damn.  5:15 also cooked. 

• Like 5

Dang I forget to post Kurt Vile Friday night at a nice small PA club. Played two acoustic solo John Prine tunes and finished with "Punks in the Beerlight". Great set by the band in a crowded space. Even snagged a setlist! 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, dagwave said:

Dang I forget to post Kurt Vile Friday night at a nice small PA club. Played two acoustic solo John Prine tunes and finished with "Punks in the Beerlight". Great set by the band in a crowded space. Even snagged a setlist! 

Ahhh that sounds like a fun night!

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, remphish1 said:

The Flaming Lips 

I've got tickets for a rescheduled show next month. I was really happy to see that Particle Kid is still opening. Did you catch Micah on this show? I really love his album (Time Capsule) that came out this year. That being said, I've been a fan of the Lips for a really long time. Hope the health issues don't get in the way of the show. Bought the tickets a really long time ago.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, chuckrh said:

I've got tickets for a rescheduled show next month. I was really happy to see that Particle Kid is still opening. Did you catch Micah on this show? I really love his album (Time Capsule) that came out this year. That being said, I've been a fan of the Lips for a really long time. Hope the health issues don't get in the way of the show. Bought the tickets a really long time ago.

The show I’m seeing is a min evening with the Lips no opener. I have been seeing them since 2000 it is always a spectacle. Hope you enjoy your show!

• Like 1

Justin Sullivan of Night Shop last night. He never disappoints. A fast, fun, fabulous evening. He just gets better! SO good. A crack backing band, too. A tiny club (Gold Diggers, L.A.) full of people who were totally digging it.

Pardon the pathetic photo; for some reason the club saw no need for front lighting on the acts!

20221019_230119.jpg

• Like 2
On 10/21/2022 at 8:44 PM, remphish1 said:

I met Peter Gabriel tonight. He was super chill and I was able to speak to him for a minute. In case you were wondering he requested everyone mask. 

F5BEFDEC-47FC-4385-80DB-861793DE8AD5.png

Awesome!  I see Peter is no longer dressing as a flower!  

The Flower Headdress - Peter Gabriel | Peter gabriel, Genesis band,  Progressive rock

• Haha 3
50 minutes ago, Chez said:

Awesome!  I see Peter is no longer dressing as a flower!  

The Flower Headdress - Peter Gabriel | Peter gabriel, Genesis band,  Progressive rock

A flower!?!?!?!? heading down to Willow's farm....

Seriously, I used to be huge on Peter & Genesis to a point. I still listen to a bit of it but I'm not too huge on the prog rock anymore. In fact, the last time I saw Peter I had an epiphany. He was in a big arena with 10000 lighting cues, etc. After that show, went to a club to see Paul Westerberg . 2 guitars, Marshall stacks & a cloud of dust. The path became clear...the other epiphany was during the mega Yes tour where all the instruments were doubled & everyone did really loooooong solos. After the show we were calling Awaken the cheeseburger song. We could've walked out of the arena a few blocks, went to a famous Seattle drive-in, sat down & ate a cheeseburger, walked back to our seats & they would've been playing the same song

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, chuckrh said:

A flower!?!?!?!? heading down to Willow's farm....

Seriously, I used to be huge on Peter & Genesis to a point. I still listen to a bit of it but I'm not too huge on the prog rock anymore. In fact, the last time I saw Peter I had an epiphany. He was in a big arena with 10000 lighting cues, etc. After that show, went to a club to see Paul Westerberg . 2 guitars, Marshall stacks & a cloud of dust. The path became clear...the other epiphany was during the mega Yes tour where all the instruments were doubled & everyone did really loooooong solos. After the show we were calling Awaken the cheeseburger song. We could've walked out of the arena a few blocks, went to a famous Seattle drive-in, sat down & ate a cheeseburger, walked back to our seats & they would've been playing the same song

I’m more of a Pete solo career fan. Was born in the 80’s 😜

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, remphish1 said:

I’m more of a Pete solo career fan. Was born in the 80’s 😜

Think the turning point for Genesis was when Steve Hackett quit & before bongo head really took over. Melting Face is my favorite Gabriel record. I saw him the next tour in a theater. I had 3rd row seat & Peter walked over my seat when he went out in the crowd. Plays Live was recorded on that tour, I think. Great show. So, was this a book signing or something?

PS: I was born in the 60s. :ohwell

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chuckrh said:

Think the turning point for Genesis was when Steve Hackett quit & before bongo head really took over. Melting Face is my favorite Gabriel record. I saw him the next tour in a theater. I had 3rd row seat & Peter walked over my seat when he went out in the crowd. Plays Live was recorded on that tour, I think. Great show. So, was this a book signing or something?

PS: I was born in the 60s. :ohwell