1 hour ago, brownie said:

Wow, why was it postponed?

It seems like shows are postponed at the drop of a hat these days.  

Edit: Ah, I see Kate Pierson has strep throat.  That’s too bad.  But it still seems to me like shows are postponed and outright canceled more than ever these days.  I used to travel for shows all the time and never once worried about the show not happening. 

Yeah they were vague when I got the text about the cancelation this was my second cancelation this month 🙁.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

As promised, here's some pictures of the Beths on Friday night. As I don't drink they put me at the side of the stage in the all ages area. A guy was there with his 13 year old daughter. He wasn't fam

Posted Images

8 hours ago, remphish1 said:

Yeah they were vague when I got the text about the cancelation this was my second cancelation this month 🙁.

What else was canceled for you this month?  Two in one month is a lot, even for someone like you who goes to a lot of shows.

I had the Calexico cancelation last month with no explanation whatsoever (not even a vague one!), although I’m sure it had to be low ticket sales for the second night in Brooklyn, since they made the ticket valid for the first night.

On 11/12/2022 at 2:55 PM, brownie said:

What else was canceled for you this month?  Two in one month is a lot, even for someone like you who goes to a lot of shows.

I had the Calexico cancelation last month with no explanation whatsoever (not even a vague one!), although I’m sure it had to be low ticket sales for the second night in Brooklyn, since they made the ticket valid for the first night.

Rina Sawayama but it’s rescheduled the end of the month now 

Flaming Lips & Particle Kid were amazing last night. It was a make up show & the Lips played a solid 2 hours which is longer than usual. Particle Kid's opening set didn't disappoint. I think Micah Nelson is more talented than his brother & the set was great. Micah also came out for a song with the Lips & did a blistering solo.

There were a lot of surprises in the Lips set both in what they played & what they didn't. There was only 1 song from The Soft Bulletin & I didn't even mind. Killer light laser/show & the usual special effects link Wayne defeating the pink robot. A couple of surprise cover versions. They did the pschedelic Borderline (yes, the Madonna song). Pretty obscure & very cool. They brough out 14 year old Nell Smith from Burnaby BC for a smoking  version of NIck Cave's Red Right Hand. Totally awesome. I had forgotten about the record she did with the Lips of Nick Cave covers. A very talented young lady who I think will go far.

I'm paying today but I'm glad I went. The Lips are always great & always different. Go see them if you get the chance.

eUBtoFVVBO-osZKiTR8y8cjXXv0_1KiCb0_Hikir

• Like 3

Well really "Live! The Other Night!" but I saw the Feelies last Friday in Jersey City.  They opened as themselves under the name the Willies where they played all instrumentals and mostly covers (a couple of Eno songs, two Bowie songs, Kraftwerk, Hendrix).  It was great.  And then they played their own amazing Feelies set.  It was lots of fun.    

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Oil Can Boyd said:

Well really "Live! The Other Night!" but I saw the Feelies last Friday in Jersey City.  They opened as themselves under the name the Willies where they played all instrumentals and mostly covers (a couple of Eno songs, two Bowie songs, Kraftwerk, Hendrix).  It was great.  And then they played their own amazing Feelies set.  It was lots of fun.    

That's awesome.  The Feelies remain on my concert bucket list - though I don't hold out much hope of them traveling to the Midwest.

1 hour ago, Oil Can Boyd said:

White Eagle is a great place to see a show!