• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

Yo la Tengo! Again!! 

Posted Images

After hassling for a whole day I got my Cure tickets for Seattle. Word is they are nuking tickets on StubHub etc & those tickets are now popping up again. Got seats right by the stage, a bit up with no one in front of me.

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, chuckrh said:

After hassling for a whole day I got my Cure tickets for Seattle. Word is they are nuking tickets on StubHub etc & those tickets are now popping up again. Got seats right by the stage, a bit up with no one in front of me.

I got a mediocre but satisfactory ticket for MSG after being waitlisted for the first half hour of the presale.  I wouldn’t have gone for the next price up anyway, as my total budget was $150 max. The ticket price was reasonable.  Fees were not, and bumped it up 30%.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, brownie said:

I got a mediocre but satisfactory ticket for MSG after being waitlisted for the first half hour of the presale.  I wouldn’t have gone for the next price up anyway, as my total budget was $150 max. The ticket price was reasonable.  Fees were not, and bumped it up 30%.

Face value on mine were $65. Very fair. Parking is a problem at the venue so I got a spot. I got out of it for  a little over $200 with everything included for the pair. I was due for some good luck. Still due but at least I don't have to worry about that. Funny, a lot of the bands I really like are fan friendly like that. I spent more for Springsteen for crappy seats. At least I got upgraded for free at that show because of ADA issues. I don't see a lot of shows this summer that I'm up for. Over the summer I've got the Cure, Flaming Lips & Buddy Guy. I'm sure something else will pop up but I'm not doing nostalgia shows anymore for the most part.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, chuckrh said:

Face value on mine were $65. Very fair. Parking is a problem at the venue so I got a spot. I got out of it for  a little over $200 with everything included for the pair. I was due for some good luck. Still due but at least I don't have to worry about that. Funny, a lot of the bands I really like are fan friendly like that. I spent more for Springsteen for crappy seats. At least I got upgraded for free at that show because of ADA issues. I don't see a lot of shows this summer that I'm up for. Over the summer I've got the Cure, Flaming Lips & Buddy Guy. I'm sure something else will pop up but I'm not doing nostalgia shows anymore for the most part.

My face value was $85 for second row of the upper section, about 2/3 of the way back from the stage.  Total was $110 after fees. I’ve never seen the Cure before, so this is like a bucket list thing for me and I’m really looking forward to it!

Edit: And now Robert Smith says we’ll all be getting a $5 refund ($10 for those who bought lowest price tickets) because he convinced Ticketmaster the fees were too high.  What a guy!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, brownie said:

My face value was $85 for second row of the upper section, about 2/3 of the way back from the stage.  Total was $110 after fees. I’ve never seen the Cure before, so this is like a bucket list thing for me and I’m really looking forward to it!

Edit: And now Robert Smith says we’ll all be getting a $5 refund ($10 for those who bought lowest price tickets) because he convinced Ticketmaster the fees were too high.  What a guy!

b67e88344c9a907c1697bd810060c86d.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Andy Shauf tonight!!

On 3/15/2023 at 4:57 PM, nalafej said:

How were the shows? Considering going on Friday. Saw them in 2019 and that show wasn't as great as earlier tours...

Sorry, totally missed this! I honestly thought they were great but I also thought they were great in 2019. They did play every song off their new album but I think their new album is pretty solid, and then they played a ton of their hits and classics. For what it's worth the crowd was very into it and everyone seemed happy when they left. 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, dagwave said:

An Evening with Yo la Tengo!

heard the tour can be a “drag” (me, letting myself out)

I think Ira is pretty much back to striped T-shirts once again.  But hey, maybe not...

Anyways, you're gonna have a great time.  New stuff is sooooo good live. 

• Like 3

A day late but went to the sold out New Order show in NOLA last night. Definitely a bucket list concert for me. Wish Peter Hook had been with them but it was still a fantastic evening.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Chez said:

Also Yo La Tengo

Wilco (all of them) joined Yo La Tengo onstage last night for a four-song encore that was other-worldly. 

• Like 4