Jeff Tweedy — 26 July 2019, New York, NY (Lincoln Center Out of Doors)

Jeff took the stage at “Lincoln Center’s Parking Lot” at 8:30, following a performance by Helen Gillet, and finished a few minutes before 10:00. There was no encore.

Bombs Above

Some Birds

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

An Empty Corner

Don’t Forget

New Madrid

Having Been Is No Way To Be

White Wooden Cross

Impossible Germany

[guitar parts only for Television’s Marquee Moon]

Plateau (Meat Puppets)

I Know What It’s Like

Hummingbird

You and I

Guaranteed

Jesus, Etc.

Family Ghost

Evergreen

Ashes of Americans Flags

We’ve Been Had

Let’s Go Rain

I’m The Man Who Loves You

Good show but I am always stuck next to the yahoo signing off key in my ear. Place was quiet you can hear a pin drop except by me! Anyway plateau was a nice surprise and was happy to hear an empty corner so a win in my book!

I have to ask... did you shush them? There was someone complaining about getting shushed in the Facebook group!! I like singing along but if it's not a singalong song, I keep it quiet so I'm not bothering anyone else.

Jeff took the stage at “Lincoln Center’s Parking Lot” at 8:30, following a performance by Helen Gillet, and finished a few minutes before 10:00. There was no encore.

Bombs Above

Some Birds

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

An Empty Corner

Don’t Forget

New Madrid

Having Been Is No Way To Be

White Wooden Cross

Impossible Germany

[guitar parts only for Television’s Marquee Moon]

Plateau (Meat Puppets)

I Know What It’s Like

Hummingbird

You and I

Guaranteed

Jesus, Etc.

Family Ghost

Evergreen

Ashes of Americans Flags

We’ve Been Had

Let’s Go Rain

I’m The Man Who Loves You

No encore? That’s too bad. Cool that he did Plateau again, though! Thanks for the report.

No encore? That’s too bad. Cool that he did Plateau again, though! Thanks for the report.

Hey Paul, were you going to THING next month? If not I will try to keep track of the setlist and do a report! 

Hey Paul, were you going to THING next month? If not I will try to keep track of the setlist and do a report!

I was kind of on the fence about it, but I could only make it for Sunday and the one-day tickets were long sold out so unfortunately I probably won’t make it at this point. But yeah, a setlist and report would be great. Looks like a beautiful part of the world...have fun!

I have to ask... did you shush them? There was someone complaining about getting shushed in the Facebook group!! I like singing along but if it's not a singalong song, I keep it quiet so I'm not bothering anyone else.

I didn’t shush the guy I just bottle up my anger internally

In your absence the least I can do is jot down the setlist! No encore, and, if memory serves, immediately following IATMWLY Jeff said something like "that was the encore!" Frankly, I'm happy he omitted the charade of leaving and coming back if it meant more music, which seems to have been the case. Speaking of which, I had no idea that he'd done Plateau previously - what a great song, and his rendition especially. As a small aside: during soundcheck Jeff played John Wesley Harding, which was very cool as I hadn't heard him play it in quite a long time, if ever. I thought maybe he'd play it during the evening's set, or today at Newport, but I guess not!

In your absence the least I can do is jot down the setlist! No encore, and, if memory serves, immediately following IATMWLY Jeff said something like "that was the encore!" Frankly, I'm happy he omitted the charade of leaving and coming back if it meant more music, which seems to have been the case. Speaking of which, I had no idea that he'd done Plateau previously - what a great song, and his rendition especially. As a small aside: during soundcheck Jeff played John Wesley Harding, which was very cool as I hadn't heard him play it in quite a long time, if ever. I thought maybe he'd play it during the evening's set, or today at Newport, but I guess not!

Did he sound check anything else?

I was standing on the side to Jeff's right dancing and singing softly (I think, then again I'm pretty high most of the time), wearing a Pleased To Meet Me shirt and I believe a Whalers hat.  

Except for We've Been Had, I was one of the not so young girls, I mean dudes) screaming during that one.

Let me know if I could be one of the yahoos.

I was standing on the side to Jeff's right dancing and singing softly (I think, then again I'm pretty high most of the time), wearing a Pleased To Meet Me shirt and I believe a Whalers hat.

Except for We've Been Had, I was one of the not so young girls, I mean dudes) screaming during that one.

Let me know if I could be one of the yahoos.

Don’t worry wasn’t you! I don’t mind soft singing but this guy was loud and soooo out of tune