Winterlude 2019

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Hitchcock's FB post:  "Stars of Joy - I’m opening for Wilco at their first two Chicago shows this December! These will be festive nights, which I will do my best to garnish with Brit dismalia. There’s some ‘family’ links between us: Scott McCaughey has worked extensively with us both; Pat Sansone plays on my new single; and in his Uncle Tupelo days, Jeff Tweedy recorded I Wanna Destroy You with his then-colleague Jay Farrar. Plus it’s always a major groove playing Chicago - yaysville! Thanks, fellas..."

I saw Robyn Hitchcock solo acoustic last year, and he was fantastic. Hilarious banter, and incredibly talented on the guitar. This will be a treat for those going.

I am surprised that he has yet to play at Solid Sound. Maybe in '21. And I'll be surprised if SVE is not in the next SS lineup.

Coming in from Boston for the first two nights,. This will be my first time at the Chicago Theater. Any feedback on the seating will be welcome. I see the orchestra starts at AA. Does the run all the way to ZZ before the single letter rows? How far over the orchestra does the second level hang, at what row in the orch do you start to be under the upper level? And lastly, are the Loge seats the level below the balcony? Thanks for any thoughts. 

I think it's a bit late to have much of a choice (if any) unless you buy from the secondary ticket market. I would say if you are on a higher row downstairs then anything central is fine. Double letter rows out to the side are not necessarily better than central single letter rows. 

• 4 weeks later...

On Sunday, December 15th, we'll be broadcasting the opening night of the Wilco Winterlude as Wilco takes the stage at the Chicago Theatre. Beginning at 8:30 PM Central Time, listen on the RADIO.COM app and hear Wilco kick off the first of four shows in Chicago.

https://www.radio.com/blogs/93xrt-staff/93xrt-broadcast-special-wilco-live-in-chicago

So what are people expecting from this year's festival? It appears to me that Wilco last played shows in December 5 years ago (also in Chicago). Will there be any seasonal surprises?

If past is prologue at the Chicago Theater, I expect the people seated near me will carry on conversations during Robyn Hitchcock's entire set and during Wilco songs they don't recognize. I will be annoyed and swear to never return to the Chicago Theater.  But I will.  :D

WINTERLUDE ANNOUNCEMENT: Wilco and Oxford Pennant welcome you to Chicago this Saturday night with the opening of the Wilco Souvenir Shop at FieldHouse Jones. Swing by the opening party at 5:30p on 12/14 for the first chance to get new merchandise, custom chain stitching and gear from Jeff’s personal collection.

Can’t make it on Saturday? Stop by FieldHouse Jones from 10a-6p Sunday, 12/15 through Wednesday, 12/18.

312 W Chestnut. See you there!

Anyone who checks this out should report back on if it’s worth making the effort.

On Sunday, December 15th, we'll be broadcasting the opening night of the Wilco Winterlude as Wilco takes the stage at the Chicago Theatre. Beginning at 8:30 PM Central Time, listen on the RADIO.COM app and hear Wilco kick off the first of four shows in Chicago.

https://www.radio.com/blogs/93xrt-staff/93xrt-broadcast-special-wilco-live-in-chicago

The link says they're broadcasting the Thursday show.

The link says they're broadcasting the Thursday show.

UPDATE: XRT's live broadcast with Wilco is being rescheduled from the Sunday night concert to Thursday night’s show at the band's request. The Thursday show marks the final night of the Wilco Winterlude and is the band's last performance in 2019.

UPDATE: XRT's live broadcast with Wilco is being rescheduled from the Sunday night concert to Thursday night’s show at the band's request. The Thursday show marks the final night of the Wilco Winterlude and is the band's last performance in 2019.

Sounds like this could be a barn burner.