2020 Touring

Have to imagine these shows might get postponed

Really? Are all/most shows in Seattle currently being postponed or canceled? Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), I had to skip the Seattle Wilco shows on this upcoming run anyway, so it doesn’t affect my plans but I was just curious.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Are all/most shows in Seattle currently being postponed or canceled? Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), I had to skip the Seattle Wilco shows on this upcoming run anyway, so it doesn’t affect my plans but I was just curious.

It doesn't look like shows are currently being postponed, but the situation won't likely get better there any time soon. Amazon & Microsoft have told told all employees to work from home. Schools in a district N of Seattle are closed for up to two weeks. Hopefully it all works out, Wilco and YFF play amazing shows and everyone stays healthy. 

I 100% could be wrong, I am definitely not a doctor, or a scientist, or even that smart! I also tend to think worst case scenario in most situations. But lots of bands have cancelled Japan/Korea shows in March and I feel like this thing is going to get worse before it gets better and with Seattle hit the hardest so far in North America, that makes me a little nervous for those gigs. If people are being recommended to work from home I worry events that cram 2000+ people into a theatre for three hours could be next to get cancelled. Maybe Chuck can weigh in and let us know what things are like in Seattle. 

Hopefully I'm wrong and these shows happen and can happen safely too. 

Yeah I can't imagine the Seattle shows happening now. Hopefully the rest of that run is still ok. 

Ya, things are pretty bad here & getting worse daily. & it is spreading. State of emergency has been declared in California too. Unfortunately for me, I don't think I'll be able to go to Wilco or DBT even if they happen. I'm at high risk for the virus. I'm not officially in quarantine but am effectively. Luckily I've got good doctors & have been given very specific instructions. If a few more things happen I'm most likely headed to the hospital. Scary times. BTW, in the short amount of time since I wrote the post about Young Fresh Fellows, things have gotten way worse in the city. I talked to a friend in Milan & it sounds like Seattle is like Milan in the early stages. People need to be careful out there!

Ya, things are pretty bad here & getting worse daily. & it is spreading. State of emergency has been declared in California too. Unfortunately for me, I don't think I'll be able to go to Wilco or DBT even if they happen. I'm at high risk for the virus. I'm not officially in quarantine but am effectively. Luckily I've got good doctors & have been given very specific instructions. If a few more things happen I'm most likely headed to the hospital. Scary times. BTW, in the short amount of time since I wrote the post about Young Fresh Fellows, things have gotten way worse in the city. I talked to a friend in Milan & it sounds like Seattle is like Milan in the early stages. People need to be careful out there!

Oh no, sorry to hear that Chuck. Hopefully for both your sake and Seattle things will start to get better from here.

Some news regarding the Seattle dates: Seattle Theater Group is offering refunds to anyone who requests them even if the show aren't cancelled due to the coronavirus. Sadly, I am going to have to take them up on this. At least I won't take the hit on the ticket cost. Hoping other venues/promoters follow their example. I have tickets to Drive-by Truckers the same week. Those weren't as expensive as Wilco but still it would be nice to get the money back. This bums me out some as these are 2 of my favorite bands. Since I'm high risk, there's no way that going would be a smart move for me or anyone else.  :worried

That really stinks. Keep well.

thanks, it is what it is. seriously hoping that this clears up some by September for Roger Waters & October for Nick Cave. I also have tickets for Sturgill Simpson in early May. A bit worried about that one. Of course, really  hope I don't have the damn virus! am under very specific direction from my doctor. I have some symptoms but not all of them. Due to lack of testing capacity, they aren't testing me yet. That could change very quickly. If I get worse I'm to call doc immediately & will be tested. Fingers crossed. Everyone, be safe & well out there.

Wilco and Sleater-Kinney at Forest Hills Stadium, NYC on August 22. Tix on sale March 13.

Kind of a curve ball with the August date. Was thinking maybe something in May given the Live From Here show, but I'm always wrong when with these guesses.

Wilco and Sleater-Kinney at Forest Hills Stadium, NYC on August 22. Tix on sale March 13.

Kind of a curve ball with the August date. Was thinking maybe something in May given the Live From Here show, but I'm always wrong when with these guesses.

Interesting. This seems to maybe hint at some bigger summer shows on the way, what with the September TBT run and now this one. Seems like a good bet Philly will also get something along these lines, since they haven’t played there for OTJ yet. The Mann, perhaps? Hopefully not Camden.

Some news regarding the Seattle dates: Seattle Theater Group is offering refunds to anyone who requests them even if the show aren't cancelled due to the coronavirus. Sadly, I am going to have to take them up on this. At least I won't take the hit on the ticket cost. Hoping other venues/promoters follow their example. I have tickets to Drive-by Truckers the same week. Those weren't as expensive as Wilco but still it would be nice to get the money back. This bums me out some as these are 2 of my favorite bands. Since I'm high risk, there's no way that going would be a smart move for me or anyone else.  :worried

That's rough, Chuck. I think you're making the right move, though. Be well, everyone. Wash your hands like you just accidentally touched trump.

Of course, really  hope I don't have the damn virus! am under very specific direction from my doctor. I have some symptoms but not all of them. Due to lack of testing capacity, they aren't testing me yet. That could change very quickly. If I get worse I'm to call doc immediately & will be tested. Fingers crossed. Everyone, be safe & well out there.

Wow, so sorry to hear this.  :(   I'm still waiting to hear about the shows in San Francisco the Bay Area.  The city has closed down all events at city-owned venues for the next two weeks, all performances for the symphony and ballet are cancelled, the St. Patrick's Day parade is cancelled...  We haven't been hit as hard as Seattle (yet), but yeah, I'm hoping everyone is taking the most sensible precautions for their own situations. 

Interesting. This seems to maybe hint at some bigger summer shows on the way, what with the September TBT run and now this one. Seems like a good bet Philly will also get something along these lines, since they haven’t played there for OTJ yet. The Mann, perhaps? Hopefully not Camden.

Good guess! I read somewhere that another Wilco/S-K on August 23 at the Mann "leaked" along with the NYC date. I suppose it won't be long until we will know officially! 

Just put in my request for a refund for the Seattle show. Kind of bummed about it (& DBT too!). There is no way I can go given the circumstances. Not that I feel like going anyway. It's getting crazier daily. Italy in lock down, Pearl Jam tour postponed & Coachella most likely postponed until October. I think this is just the tip of the iceberg. Think it is going to be a rugged summer for touring. I'm hoping all is better by the fall. I've got tickets for Roger Waters in September & Nick Cave in October. I don't get out much & have to be careful with my concert budget. I'm glad they are making it easy to get a refund for Wilco. Those tickets weren't exactly cheap & at least I don't have to take the hit now. Hope all are well out there.

Probably for the best that PJ cancelled their tour. I don't think that a lot of the eastern Canadian markets off the top have been hit bad by Corona so far but those would be arena shows with a lot of people traveling for them. 

Isn't the current assumption that this thing will lessen in the summer months, just like the regular flu does? Warmer temperatures, high humidity, vitamin D, etc boost our immune systems and summer lifestyle helps too. I'd be a little worried about rescheduling things like Coachella to the fall incase it comes back or gets worse.