2020 Touring

SryJU4S.jpg

It's officially Big Show Season, not that I necessarily saw this co-headline bill coming or this many dates. But hope to make at least a handful. That Aug. 29 date in Chicago conflicting with the Stapleton/Isbell/Highwomen show at Wrigley is annoying, though. Like a lot of people, probably, I had already bought tickets for that one. Ugh.

Cool that they got NNAMDÏ to open most of the shows, though. Talented young Chicago-based multi-instrumentalist who has has played with Spencer in his band and filled in on drums with Ohmme, among other Tweedy/WIlco connections, and has a fairly buzzed-about new record called Brat out now.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odds are the Sunday 3/29 San Jose show will be postponed.  I emailed the theater and they said the promoter is working on rescheduling for later this year.

As for when I don't know.  But since there are open dates between Europe and the Wilco/SK tour, which opens in Spokane on 8/6, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the week of 8/2.

Selfish take: if they're going to cancel the west coast run entirely I hope they just announce it already. I have until Saturday to get 50% back off my AirBnb. 

I decided on 2 lawn tickets for ATL. I was very pleasantly surprised they were $27.50 each, plus fees.The final price? $112.50. No.

Oh, and fuck you.

I decided on 2 lawn tickets for ATL. I was very pleasantly surprised they were $27.50 each, plus fees.The final price? $112.50. No.

Oh, and fuck you.

That's fucked up. Its not like they have to assign you a spot to park your blanket...

My 2 tickets for Merriweather were $75 each. With fees, was $178. That's reasonable IMO.

Got two for Chicago but kind of disappointed with how far back I am.  I may try to improve when the tickets do on sale to the general public.

Boston Pre was fair got in @10:00 had to wait 3 minutes in Que and first 15 rows in center ..Gone

No GA 

Sides were WC in 1st 10 rows.

But we have a summertime show in the city and overall I am grateful.

Odds are the Sunday 3/29 San Jose show will be postponed.  I emailed the theater and they said the promoter is working on rescheduling for later this year.

As for when I don't know.  But since there are open dates between Europe and the Wilco/SK tour, which opens in Spokane on 8/6, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the week of 8/2.

the governor of washington is going to ban all public gatherings over 250 people today. sports, concerts, etc. so, the 2 seattle shows are definitely off.

Selfish take: if they're going to cancel the west coast run entirely I hope they just announce it already. I have until Saturday to get 50% back off my AirBnb. 

I'm very surprised that there hasn't been an announcement about these yet.  Pearl Jam is already talking about how to get refunds from Ticketmaster.  I'm not even looking for my money back at this point, I'm just worried that people are actually still planning to go!

I'm very surprised that there hasn't been an announcement about these yet.  Pearl Jam is already talking about how to get refunds from Ticketmaster.  I'm not even looking for my money back at this point, I'm just worried that people are actually still planning to go!

the official announcement was only an hour ago. i'm sure there will be something later in the day from Seattle Theater Group.

Got two for Chicago but kind of disappointed with how far back I am.  I may try to improve when the tickets do on sale to the general public.

Kinda bummed on the price for the lawn (where you can't see the stage) - $56 or so with fees. Far cry from 2007. Inflation is a bitch, I tell ya....

Had a great time at that 2007 show....the lawn was a hoot.

wilco-2007-09-12-ticket.jpg

the official announcement was only an hour ago. i'm sure there will be something later in the day from Seattle Theater Group.

Not just the Seattle show, I meant the whole west coast, or at least the Seattle and bay area shows.  There are currently 99 over 100 cases in the bay area, including 43 45 in Santa Clara County (where San Jose is), and it was reported today that 3 TSA agents at the San Jose airport have tested positive.  The county just yesterday ordered no gatherings of more than 1,000 for the next three weeks, so I guess that'll do it for that show.

(And of course, this is all happening very quickly.  As I'm typing this, I'm seeing a news notification on my phone that the Warriors will be playing without fans...)

Kinda bummed on the price for the lawn (where you can't see the stage) - $56 or so with fees. Far cry from 2007. Inflation is a bitch, I tell ya....

I think that last time I saw the band (2006) it was less than 20 dollars. 

True, but not many fans are buying albums these days.  I don't begrudge artists trying to make a living on concert ticket and merch sales (or any other way)

True, but not many fans are buying albums these days.  I don't begrudge artists trying to make a living on concert ticket and merch sales (or any other way)

I agree, but when 2 tickets with a total face value of $55 cost $112.50 after fees, something is wrong. If the artists are getting that exorbitant fee, that’s not a way to make a living that I support. I assume Live Nation receives that money, which I’d at least understand. Tickets prices, like all products, increase over time, but fucking hell, when the fees are MORE than the ticket, that’s some bullshit. I’d prefer a higher ticket price and lower fees. 

When $112.50 came up as the total for 2 $27.50 tickets, I assumed that I clicked on 3 tickets instead of 2. When I realized it was accurate, I was, shall we say, displeased.