Beltmann

Now Watching 2020

1 hour ago, brownie said:

I was a regular customer there for many years and contributed a small amount to the Kickstarter campaign to get the film made.  I am truly not am obscure music snob, and I never felt intimidated there.  I saw a great live set by Calexico there years ago.  I miss that place a lot.

Oh I am sure the intimidation was as much about me as it was them.  The time I went in I was rushed and I couldn't quite figure out how things were sorted and wasn't sure what I was looking for.  I spent a lot of time in that neighborhood from '86 to '88 and had it been around then I am sure I would have been a regular. 

I just found another British show on Amazon that I think I can get into: New Tricks (2003-2015).

In 1942 both Citizen Kane and The Maltese Falcon were Best Picture nominees. Neither won. Last night I watched the movie that beat out both to win the big prize. 

800px-How_Green_Was_My_Valley_(1941_post

On 10/24/2020 at 5:40 AM, chuckrh said:

borat-2-poster-405x600.jpg

I really enjoyed it, but...

Spoiler

I felt that the scenes with Borat in disguise were much funnier than the scenes with just Cohen as Borat. And there seemed to be a lot more scenes like this probably because mostly everyone should know who Borat is, so you can’t really get the “gotcha!” moments anymore. This leads me to think that this project might’ve come from footage from a potential second season of the brilliant Who Is America? mixed in with new footage shot recently to make a feature film. Or to put it in a different way, it felt like a Who Is America? feature film with Cohen’s new characters/personas mixed with a few Borat scenes. 

Special Thanks to Neuroglue for bringing back the Spoiler tag feature. It’s the EYE in the toolbar. 

Borat just doesn’t do it for me. Even knowing the Rudy scene was ahead couldn’t keep me watching.  I gave up about 30 mins in.  I just don’t find the character or premise all that funny or interesting. 🤷‍♂️

On 10/25/2020 at 1:51 AM, ih8music said:

Borat just doesn’t do it for me. Even knowing the Rudy scene was ahead couldn’t keep me watching.  I gave up about 30 mins in.  I just don’t find the character or premise all that funny or interesting. 🤷‍♂️

Same - we got about 30 minutes in and lost interest. The skit I remember was when he was dictating a fax to some poor old guy working at the neighborhood Kinkos.