West Coast Shows / Cancellations / Coronavirus

17 minutes ago, bböp said:

You going to any of the shows out West? It’ll be interesting to see what happens. It doesn’t seem like they could find a suitable alternate outdoor venue in some of the smaller Pac NW cities like Eugene, Bellingham and Olympia. I would totally understand, but it would still suck if those shows had to be scrapped. Ugh.

I have a ticket for Vegas at this point. Never seen them in Nevada and the venue (Brooklyn Bowl) doesn't look bad.

I saw Thievery Corporation/ Gnarls Barkley at "The Beach at Mandalay Bay" a bunch of years ago. I imagine it would be pretty weird for Wilco's Ode to Joy tour (of all tours) but maybe resemble Sky Blue Sky a little?

Feels like there are more suitable venues in Southern CA they could do like the Greek. Maybe even the Greek in Bay area. Hopefully they don't have to postpone again.

• Like 1
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a ticket for Vegas at this point. Never seen them in Nevada and the venue (Brooklyn Bowl) doesn't look bad.   I saw Thievery Corporation/ Gnarls Barkley at "The Beach at Mandalay Bay"

I came here to wonder outloud / into the void about what the recent moves outdoors mean for Jeff's solo shows in Brooklyn.  I either need to get comfortable being uncomfortable (and find a place to stay and think about a way to get there), or bail on these shows.  Part of me wants the shows postponed or cancelled so that I don't need to think about it.  

20 hours ago, nalafej said:

Seeing as they are moving shows from indoor venues to outdoor venues for shows taking place this week, it seems likely that the October tour is in flux. I bet they could find some workable outdoor venues in the SW but the NW in October doesn't seem doable.

Yeah, San Jose is the only show I was planning to go to (originally had tickets for SF and Oakland, too...), but I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about going if it's not moved outdoors.  But I had really good seats for the indoor venue!  If it gets moved to a GA outdoor show, I'll need to think about it.

My guess (pure speculation) is that they're hoping that the Delta variant goes back down as quickly as it did in the UK (seems less likely here, sadly), and then they'll require proof of vaccination. If numbers are like they were in June by the fall and everyone attending is vaccinated, seeing a show inside might be fine?

Note, that even with that big outbreak in Provincetown a few weeks back, nobody died as they were vaccinated. That spot is a lot more crowded than a Wilco show (and yes, the goal is no one getting sick from going to a show, not no one dying, but ideally neither happens). Fingers crossed...

15 minutes ago, Freedy said:

My guess (pure speculation) is that they're hoping that the Delta variant goes back down as quickly as it did in the UK (seems less likely here, sadly), and then they'll require proof of vaccination. If numbers are like they were in June by the fall and everyone attending is vaccinated, seeing a show inside might be fine?

Note, that even with that big outbreak in Provincetown a few weeks back, nobody died as they were vaccinated. That spot is a lot more crowded than a Wilco show (and yes, the goal is no one getting sick from going to a show, not no one dying, but ideally neither happens). Fingers crossed...

It should be ok once your vaccination rate catches up. We seem to be doing fine in the UK now the younger age groups are increasingly dosed, that was the only group that was lagging a bit. I wouldn't blink at attending an indoor gig now.

Sleater Kinney announced that proof of vaccination or a negative test within 48 hours of showtime is now required for a bunch of the remaining Wilco shows.  Hopefully Wilco announces something similar for the rest of their shows after the SK tour too.  It's the only way forward it seems like.