coldasgasoline

The Tweedy show

Have they stopped posting these shows to youtube?  Or are they in a different place?  The last entry on Susie's youtube page was from October.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered 10 pages ago!

2 hours ago, Bart said:

Have they stopped posting these shows to youtube?  Or are they in a different place?  The last entry on Susie's youtube page was from October.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered 10 pages ago!

Susie addressed this on an episode last week. I’m paraphrasing, but I believe the gist of it was that they were encountering audio issues when they were uploading the episodes to YouTube. I seem to think that YouTube was blocking the audio, but maybe there was another issue.

She also mentioned that she was going to try to upload them again. I noticed that there was an upload recently on the account and yes, it’s from October. YouTube be crazy!

On 2/22/2021 at 10:03 PM, u2roolz said:

-- Jeff teaches the clients how to play Chinese Apple. He sings a few lines from it.

It's really funny to me that Sima asked Jeff to show how to play Chinese Apple when she showed me how to play the riff back in high school.

16 minutes ago, chisoxjtrain said:

It's really funny to me that Sima asked Jeff to show how to play Chinese Apple when she showed me how to play the riff back in high school.

Oh that's a great backstory! So she wanted to remember how, or maybe check that her way was right.

How'd you know her in HS?

3 minutes ago, kidsmoke said:

Oh that's a great backstory! So she wanted to remember how, or maybe check that her way was right.

How'd you know her in HS?

She was a grade lower than me and Wilco wasn't especially popular with high school students in the early to mid 2000s (shocker, I know). I think it was one of those things where someone said something along the lines of, "You know that one band you like? There's someone else here who actually likes them too."

11 hours ago, chisoxjtrain said:

it was one of those things where someone said something along the lines of, "You know that one band you like? There's someone else here who actually likes them too."

This has literally never happened to me regarding Wilco.

The Tweedy Show Thursday February 25 Episode 153

# New animated intro on screen
-- Susie tries to fix Jeff's middle part.
-- "Happy Purim!"
-- Susie runs off to grab the Precious Moments Bible that she bought from the thrift store, while Jeff holds the iPhone to film himself. 
-- Jeff talks about being on the Peloton bike earlier listening to Fiddler On The Roof, when Susie came over to show him the Precious Moments Bible. 
-- Peter sings a bit of Fiddler On The Roof's If I Were A Rich Man. 
No More Poetry (dedicated to Jessie Hamm's daughter Laurel on her 16th birthday)
-- Susie & Jeff talk a bit about the pilot that called in the UFO sighting a few days ago. 
-- Jeff has been eating vegan Lady Gaga Oreos. 
-- Jeff mentions that Bradley Cooper came to see one of the living room shows, but didn’t stay very long. It happened about a year before A Star Is Born came out. Jeff jokes that Bradley Cooper based his character in the film off of him. 
-- Jeff jokes that if this was a 70s sitcom there would be a large laugh track when Sammy walks into the room. 
Save It For Me (w Sammy on backing vocals. Dedicated to Dina & her twin sister.)
-- Jeff goes to take a phone call. (The video paused a bit, so I'm not sure if it was an emergency, but the show ended around 10:27pm EST. Susie did say that they would come back.)
Part 2
(10:34pm EST is when the show comes back.)
-- Jeff explains the situation that caused the episode to end abruptly. 
Panthers (Original version)
Laminated Cat (w Sammy on the keyboard app on his iPad)
-- Jeff teaches the clients how to play Laminated Cat and dedicates it to Lady Gaga Oreos. 
-- "Happy Birthday, George Harrison!"
Love Vigilantes (New Order cover sung by Sammy w Jeff on backing vocals)
-- Susie, Jeff & Sammy try to figure out what's causing the throttle. 
-- Jeff talks about a Wilco show in Los Angeles where an old rich looking white guy that was in the front row in front of Nels' amp moved Jeff's amp claiming that he couldn't hear Jeff singing. Jeff couldn't believe how entitled that guy was to touch his amp. 
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)

If you're heading over to Instagram to watch the episode tonight, make sure that you watch part one first.

3 hours ago, u2roolz said:

-- Susie tries to fix Jeff's middle part.

Jeff holds the iPhone to film himself.

Is this the slang meaning of the words from the prison men and lady men, as we say in Sweden?

I tell Professor from Stockholm to watch this one on YouTube delay as special treat!

Welfare!