On 4/1/2021 at 10:06 PM, u2roolz said:

The Tweedy Show Thursday April 1 Episode 164

-- Susie has Jeff do arm exercises to demonstrate to the clients how not to get a sore arm after the vaccination. 

Had my second shot yesterday (while wearing my Summerteeth t-shirt) and spent quite a bit of time thinking about (and mimicking) Jeff's arm exercises!

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iT

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

The Tweedy Show Monday December 26 Episode 217 —Sammy welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show.  —Susie is upset that she sees her reflection in the tv.  —“Hi, everyone! We forgot how to

Posted Images

The Tweedy Show Monday April 5 Episode 165

# animated intro on screen
-- Spencer & Susie talk about the show being late which brings up a story about them showing up early to see Jay Z & Kanye West. Jeff mentions that Wilco is the most punctual band and they should be in the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame for punctuality. 
-- Jeff strums a bit of The Thirteenth Floor Elevators' You're Gonna Miss Me. 
-- "Happy Birthday, Marianne Spellman!" 
-- Jeff tells Susie that she's also in his second audiobook. She doesn't remember. 
-- Jeff's title for a country record made in Nashville would be Nashville Waistline. 
Should've Been In Love (Spencer on drums)
-- Susie talks about sabbath settings on ovens. 
-- Jeff sings some of Elvis Presley Was A Shabbos Goy which he says is a song that be is working on. (I hope so!)
Heart's Hard To Find (Spencer on drums & backing vocals)
-- Spencer announces that he is playing with Ohmme this Saturday evening from Lincoln Hall. It will be streamed. https://lh-st.com/shows/04-10-2021-ohmme-staged/
-- Jeff says that he will also be playing a show on Saturday. It's part of the Corbett Vs. Dempsey's Sequesterfest 5. He mentions that Nels & Glenn will be there, but playing separately. 
https://program.expochicago.com/performance-solo-sets-by-jeff-tweedy-glenn-kotche-and-nels-cline/?fbclid=IwAR3QfpF8ehLB0eFAgMGU5Sjf0j5nBatQI_OO4sXqijsNZUO0Y7PmYqL2mro
Hello Walls (Willie Nelson cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & backing vocals)
-- Jeff tells the origin story of Willie Nelson's Hello Walls. 
-- Susie says that everyone should watch the last segment on yesterday's 60 Minutes. It's a story done on a real life Lord Of The Flies. 
Put Your Hand In The Hand (Anne Murray cover sung & performed on drums by Spencer. Spencer picked the song for the gentile clients for Easter.)
-- Jeff & Spencer try out Bobby Charles' Street People. 
Street People (Bobby Charles cover sung by Sammy with Spencer on drums & Jeff on backing vocals)
-- Susie wants them to try to play different show soundtracks such as Hair and Oliver!
-- Sammy plays Sisters And Brothers from Free To Be on his iPhone which Jeff & Spencer play along to. 
"Our Love Is Meant To Be" (untitled new song)
This Sad Kind Of Way (last played on February 18th)
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)

10 hours ago, u2roolz said:

-- Sammy plays Sisters And Brothers from Free To Be on his iPhone which Jeff & Spencer play along to. 

Wow. Fell asleep before this part, because I'm old, and that's also the reason I remember Free To Be. Which I haven't thought about in 40+yrs.

That was my 'go-to' phrase when I was a kid and my mom would call me out on a faux pas or infraction of some sort...."free to be, you and me, mom".

References like this is one the reasons it's so fun watching the Tweedy Show.

The Tweedy Show Thursday April 8 Episode 166

-- Peter, Casey & Basil are all on the show this evening. 
Wilco (The Song) (Spencer on claps and Jeff slides in "Pedro", instead of Wilco.) (for Marianne's birthday) 
-- Peter praises Susie's cooking & tells a joke about a 39 year old guy. 
-- Peter tells a story about a blind man.
-- Peter tells a story when he & his mother were evicted in 1937. 
-- Peter has nice things to say about his 3 children and his grandchildren.
He Gives Us All His Love (Randy Newman cover)
-- Peter compliments the song and talks about his writing his autobiography. 
Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals. Dedicated to Holocaust victims on the Day Of Remembrance/Yom HaShoah.)
Small Town Talk (Bobby Charles cover sung & performed on drums by Spencer. Dedicated to Spencer's friend Gabe.)
-- Jeff has nice words to say about Peter.
Southern Nights (Allen Toussaint cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums)
-- Jeff talks about playing Glenn Campbell's recording of the song at his father's funeral only to find out that Glenn Campbell died that same day. 
Too Fast To Be Sad (new song abandoned halfway through, so Jeff can look for the lyrics.)
-- Spencer does a drum solo, while Jeff looks for lyrics for the previous song.
Too Fast To Be Sad (Jeff gives the song title after playing it saying that he's calling it this title, but he might also call it Ambulance.)
-- Peter speaks highly of Love Is The King. 
A Robin Or A Wren (Sammy on backing vocals)
-- Jeff claims that Basil winked at him during the previous song. 
-- Peter says "goodnight" to everyone.

The Tweedy Show Monday April 12 Episode 167

-- Jeff isn't on the couch when the show begins. 
-- Oona is the special guest this evening and it's her birthday. 
Impossible Germany (dedicated to Cheryl for her birthday. "This is what love is for" ending)
-- Susie envisions this evening as a dating show for Oona. 
-- Oona talks about her perfect Chicago date. 
-- Jeff performs the first half of Ashes Of American Flags which is dedicated to someone's friend fighting for his life in the hospital. The guitar is tuned too low, so he abandons the song. 
"Say I Love You Again" (untitled new song. Spencer on thigh slaps)
"Hey! Hey! That Sun I Can Hear It" (untitled new song)
-- Oona says "Sammy is the handiest Jew since Jesus."
-- Spencer doesn't  know what "Risky Business"ing is. Oona demonstrates the infamous Tom Cruise slide. 
(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman (Carole King cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & backing vocals. Dedicated to Oona for her birthday.)
Oh! Darling (The Beatles cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)
-- Jeff says that he's hard at work on new songs. 
So Much Wine (The Handsome Family cover w Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)
-- the Tweedy family give rave reviews for Ted Lasso which brings up the fact that George Wendt's nephew is Jason Sudeikis.  Jeff mentions that he's good friends with George Wendt and that he's been to the Lounge Ax. 
-- Susie emasculates Jeff with her Dr. Ruth comment. [His words]
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover played to the guitar & drum beat of Neu!'s Hallogallo. Spencer on drums.)

The Tweedy Show Thursday April 15 Episode 168 

-- Peter has WiFi issues, so he can't join in via Alexa. 
-- Jeff explains the history or the band name of The Ramones, after someone mentions that Joey Ramone died 20 years ago today.
Sick Server (w Spencer on drums)
-- Jeff talks about an incident today where someone drove into a house on his street earlier today. 
-- Jeff coins "The Grohling Stones", after he mentions that Dave Grohl just released a song with Mick Jagger. 
-- Jeff believes that good cops need to step up to help things change for the better. 
-- Spencer tries to help the people who aren't as upset with police brutality by discussing the police killing 13 year old Adam Toledo. 
-- Jeff mentions that he's using his third most used guitar on the show, even though they look identical. He places numerical stickers on the neck of the guitar.
...Ten Sentences (w Spencer on drums)
Ashes Of American Flags 
"When I Look At The Sky" (untitled new song)
The Air That I Breathe (The Hollies cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & backing vocals. Jeff on backing vocals. Thanks to Monty Smith!)
-- Jeff talks about the Dad Weed that he got as a gift. 
Wishing Stone (Case Oats original sung by Casey w Spencer on guitar.)
Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals. Dedicated to the family of Adam Toledo.)
-- Jeff thanks everyone for continuing to come back to The Tweedy Show. 
-- Jeff thinks that White Castle's Impossible Burgers sit right on his heart. 
-- Jeff jokes that the clients should check out his single with Jimmy Page in a few weeks. He thinks of other British rock stars to do a duet with to compete with Dave Grohl. 

The Tweedy Show Monday April 19 Episode 169

-- Jeff says that he likes to shave once every two months. 
-- Jeff & Susie discuss Jeff's late father's hair. 
-- Jeff wants to wear a baseball hat & have a beard in his casket. Maybe some aviators too. 
-- "ghouls just wanna have fun." - Jeff
She's My Rock (Stoney Edwards cover w Spencer on drums & backing vocals)
"In The Hurricane's Eye" (untitled new song w Spencer on drums.)
-- Sue recommends that Spencer sing a Levon Helm song, since today is the 9th anniversary of his passing. 
Hesitating Beauty (w Spencer on drums & backing vocals)
-- Spencer & Sammy's beard lengths are discussed. 
The Man In Me (Bob Dylan sung & performed on drums by Spencer. Dedicated to Casey because she requested it.)
Blasting Fonda (w Spencer on thigh slaps & backing vocals)
-- Jeff plays some of Geeshie Wiley's Last Kind Words.
Rilkean Heart (Cocteau Twins cover acoustic version sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals)
-- Jeff used to dream when he was a kid that he'd wake up with Ding Dongs under his pillow.
-- Jeff plays The Waltons' theme for Danny. 
Freight Train (Elizabeth Cotten cover sung & performed on guitar by Sammy w Jeff on backing vocals)
-- Sammy talks about how he spent the last year learning how to play the song on guitar. 
Who Loves The Sun (Velvet Underground cover sung by Sammy & Spencer. Jeff on backing vocals. Thanks to Monty Smith!) 
Don't Fear The Reaper (Blue Oyster Cult cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals & a pen and a coaster aka a cowbell)
-- Jeff strums The Kinks' Lola and Spencer sings the first verse. 
-- Jeff wants to learn Martha Wainwright's Bloody Mother Fucking Asshole. 
-- the Tweedy family burst out laughing at a frozen image that they can see, but not the clients. 

On 4/16/2021 at 8:22 AM, ZiggyBratwurst said:

One small tweak to the Episode 168 notes: Jeff also sang backing vocals on The Air That I Breathe. He's off camera, but you can distinctly hear three voices on the choruses.

Nice catch! Thank you! I am going to fix that now. 

8 hours ago, ZiggyBratwurst said:

Haha. At the risk of becoming a nag, Jeff also sang a harmony part on Who Loves The Sun last night (episode 169). :)

Oops! I did it again!

Thank you! 

The Tweedy Show Thursday April 22 Episode 170

-- Happy Birthday to Sharon, Douglas & David Handelman. 
Love And Mercy (Brian Wilson cover dedicated to David for his birthday.)
-- Susie ponders if they should do more shows a week to see if they can start making good shows again. 
-- Jeff discusses getting dressed up for events, including the Kennedy Center Honors with Mavis Staples. Susie accuses Jeff of staring at Michelle Obama's rack which leads to "back rack" because Jeff says that he was sitting behind her. 
-- Jeff talks about Glenn not knowing who Bay City Rollers are, after he brought up that Les McKeown died earlier in the week. Glenn was at The Loft earlier today. 
Picture Book (The Kinks cover sung by Spencer. Dedicated to Spencer's friend Andy.)
-- "Happy Earth Day!"
"The Universe For What It's Worth Is The Only Place To Be" (untitled new song last played on March 1st.)
In The Street (Big Star cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & backing vocals)
I Wanna Be Your Dog (The Stooges cover w Spencer on drums. Dedicated to Iggy Pop who had a birthday yesterday.)
-- Jeff & Spencer play the intro of The Kinks' Lola.
Can You Get To That (Funkadelic cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & backing vocals. Jeff on backing vocals)
-- Susie wonders why everyone is talking about vaginas in the comments. Tomorrow is International Vagina Appreciation Day.
A Robin Or A Wren (w Spencer & Sammy on backing vocals. Dedicated to Sharon for her birthday.)
-- Jeff ponders why there isn't a penis appreciation day and then realizes there probably shouldn't be one. 
I'm Kind Of In Love With You
-- Jeff talks about his grandmother's farts and the various nicknames for her.
-- Susie talks about a 1 minute video that she acted in with 2 girlfriends where they took off their tops to demonstrate freedom. The Who's I'm Free was used in the video.
Dawned On Me (w Spencer on thigh slaps & backing vocals)

"Mr Spencer and Lady Casey to make full dramatic version of Paradise by the Dashboard Light

https://m.youtube.com/watchv=9ntdhjvkqyo"

I hope it just case of taking longer time to prepare, as would be fitting tribute to death of the Mr Jim Steinman this week.

Welfare!

On 4/22/2021 at 10:04 PM, u2roolz said:

The Tweedy Show Thursday April 22 Episode 170

I'm Kind Of In Love With You
-- Jeff talks about his grandmother's farts and the various nicknames for her.

Two quick thoughts: Of all the new songs played on the Tweedy Show, "I'm Kind of Love With You" is the one that keeps rattling in my brain. For months now, I find myself humming it All. The. Time. Can't wait to hear an official recording (here's to hoping for a full band version).

Also, the discussion of grandma farts was hilarious because my grandmother did the precise same act of pseudo-surprise that Jeff described. So did my great-grandmother... who also seemed to cherish those moments when the great-grandchildren would sneak a whoopee cushion under her seat. Her response was always a red-faced "Oh, excuse me!"

The Tweedy Show Monday April 26 Episode 171 

-- Susie explains that the reason that they are late tonight is because they were partaking in a Zoom birthday festivity for Heather.
-- Happy Birthday to Susie's brother Bruce. Jeff & Bruce had lunch at The Loft earlier today. Tomorrow is Charlesie's 12th birthday, but he will call in tonight for a quick chat. 
"It's Hard To Get Over Being Used" (new untitled song. Last played on March 29th. Dedicated to Charlesie)
-- Charlesie calls in.
Pecan Pie (w Spencer on backing vocals. "Just a piece of fucking pie" for Charlesie)
-- Sammy & Eugenia are there this evening.
Pink Moon (Nick Drake cover sung by Sammy)
-- Susie reveals that Ralphie, shown in a pic today on social media, is their neighbor's dog. 
-- Jeff drops the news that the Tweedy band is having another drive-in on June 4th at SeatGeek Stadium in Bridgeview, IL.
-- Jeff & Spencer sing some of Jim O'Rourke's Women Of The World: Take Over which is a request from Oona. {Correction: Women Of The World is originally by Ivor Cutler. Thanks to pbzb for the heads up!}
Wait Up
-- Jeff claims that Wait Up is probably the first song that Jeff wrote for Susie. 
-- Susie tells a Meg Ryan story that involved a lost & found brown leather jacket with a map of Australia which is what they were both wearing. 
-- Spencer shows a catalog pic on the internet of the brown leather jacket with the map of Australia. Casey found it. 
(Was I) In Your Dreams
-- Spencer does a drum solo, while Jeff plays guitar. It sounded like Train Kept A-Rollin'. 

-- Jeff plays the Fart Oath (via an iPhone)which is a recorded oath that Sammy & Spencer took to stop farting at the kitchen table. 

-- the Fart Oath take 2.

The big news this evening is the announcement of another Tweedy band drive-in show on June 4th in Bridgeview, IL. 

The Tweedy Show Thursday April 29 Episode 172

-- animated intro on screen. 
-- Susie explains that they were having technical difficulties and mistakenly started the show briefly on her other account, but stopped it once she realized the mistake. 
-- Jeff mentions that he is on day 6 of not eating sugar. 
-- Susie confesses that she doesn't understand "Rock Paper Scissors." 
-- Jeff confesses that he sometimes looks at at movie's runtime of 145 minutes and thinks that the movie will be an hour & 45 minutes.
Don't Forget (w Spencer on thigh slaps)
-- Susie is extremely grateful for the 2 gifts from the clients. Plus, Arrow sent them a The Art Of The Muppets poster signed by Jim Henson. 
Modern Girl (Sleater-Kinney cover w Spencer on thigh slaps)
-- Susie says that Willie Nelson is 88 today and he's the same age as Peter. 
-- Oona shows up unexpectedly to check up on the Tweedys, since the show was running late. 
-- Jeff explains the potential capacity issues for the upcoming Sleater-Kinney tour in August. He mentions that all of the shows are outdoors, so that will dictate what will happen. 
-- Susie might add the "k" to ballsack, after she's been spelling it ballsac. 
A Shot In The Arm (w Spencer on backing vocals)
-- Susie mentions a request from the clients that they should do a show from Paul's condo. 
-- Jeff comes up with funny intros for A Shot In The Arm & Heavy Metal Drummer, while he strums both of their intros.
Oh, Me (Meat Puppets cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & Jeff on electric.)
I Think I Knew (Cate Le Bon cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & backing vocals. Jeff on electric.)
-- Jeff & Spencer jam out [to what appears to be songs by The Meters, according to Jeff at the end of the episode.]
-- Jeff & Spencer play a bit of The Meters' Cissy Strut with Jeff trying to figure out the right notes. 
Cissy Strut (The Meters cover w Spencer on drums & Jeff on electric.)
-- Jeff & Spencer try out some of The Safaris' Wipe Out. 
-- Jeff & Spencer jam on some of Led Zeppelin's Moby Dick. 
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover played to the guitar & drum beat of Neu!'s Hallogallo. Spencer on drums. Jeff on electric.)

-- Susie says "see you Thursday!" 

I'm fairly certain that she said Thursday, so I'm not sure if something was mentioned about not having a show on Monday. Or it’s possible that it was a mistake.   Edited: I just went to Susie’s IG page and she says that it was just a mistake, so rejoice and pet your animals. 

On 4/27/2021 at 5:16 AM, pbzb said:

One nitpicky note: although Jim O'Rourke's version of "Women Of The World" was the first time I heard the song, it was originally by Ivor Cutler.

Thank you for the correction! I've only heard the O'Rourke version myself. U2 actually used Jim's version on one of their most recent tours for a video in between sets. 

The Tweedy Show Monday May 3 Episode 173

-- Jeff mentions that Peter had a get together with his cousins yesterday. 
-- Susie talks about how she calls gribenes Jewish popcorn, but a recent article she read called it Jewish bacon.
Kamera (w Spencer on thigh slaps.)
-- Susie wants Jeff to announce each song because the IG videos don't show comments, so the clients can't read Paul naming the song. Jeff grills Susie by asking her what the name of the last song that he played was. Jeff spelled Kamera with a K because he wanted to distinguish it from the other "camera" songs. 
Half Life 
-- Jeff explains that Half Life is a Wilco song & that it might be released as a 7 inch single on sale during their upcoming summer tour. [Half Life was last played on Episode 30.]
-- Jeff abandons Spiders (Kidsmoke). 
Spiders (Kidsmoke)
-- Susie talks about FAFSA & fasciitis.
At Least That's What You Said (w Spencer on thigh slaps.)
-- Susie gives a shout out to a client who does amazing drawings of The Tweedy Show. {Edited to add IG name. Thanks to Niece Of Walt for the info! — hubasion_awis} https://www.instagram.com/hubasion_awis/
I'll Keep It With Mine (Bob Dylan cover sung by Spencer w Jeff on electric.)
Both Sides, Now (Joni Mitchell cover sung by Sammy. Sammy dedicates it to Eugenia for their 6 month anniversary.)
-- the Tweedy family mention their favorite local pizza places.
-- Jeff & Spencer "pajam". 
-- Glenn Kotche taught Susie how to reheat a pizza in a dry  skillet. {thanks to Kidsmoke on the correction!}
-- Jeff wants to have a special Mother's Day episode where the camera is on Susie 100% of the time. Susie does not like this idea. 
Evergreen (w Spencer & Sammy on backing vocals.)
-- Jeff talks about how Bob Dylan wanted to play The Weight in a different key every time they played it on the Americanarama tour. 

The nit-pickiest of points, but I thought Susie said that Glenn taught her how to reheat pizza in "a dry skillet".

This was a terrific show tonight! Gorgeous singing throughout and I got my namesake song. :wub Jeff sang it so pretty. 

12 minutes ago, kidsmoke said:

The nit-pickiest of points, but I thought Susie said that Glenn taught her how to reheat pizza in "a dry skillet".

This was a terrific show tonight! Gorgeous singing throughout and I got my namesake song. :wub Jeff sang it so pretty. 

You’re probably right. I was looking up pictures of a dry skillet and I think someone mentioned air skillets in the comments and my wires got crossed. 

Yes! Beautiful version! I hope that some of those early versions of AGIB songs wind up on an anniversary set. 

2 hours ago, u2roolz said:

-- Susie gives a shout out to a client who does amazing drawings of The Tweedy Show. [I didn't catch the IG name of the client.]

That’s @hubasion_awis on IG. I didn’t know I needed this in my life until Susie mentioned it.