I didn’t feel the need to start a new thread, but Spotify added 2 new Jeff Tweedy songs today. They’re part of the Sub Pop Singles Club Vol. 6. They are C’mon America and UR-60 Unsent. 

C’mon America sounds like it might have been played on The Tweedy Show, but I haven’t looked hard enough at the untitled songs to see which one. I thought that it might have been “I Love My Country Stupid & Cruel (Sing In The Choir), but it is not. 

UR-60 Unsent is actually the song that Jeff called Film Strip, when he played it twice on an older episode of The Tweedy Show. That was quite the surprise to see that odd title and have it be Film Strip. 

Enjoy!!

• Like 3
  • Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

— We have 4 prominent figures in VC complimenting The Recapper on a Friday....   Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I might have to buy some parchment paper for the last 2 shows...before t

Can we all get a shoutout for #TheRecapper ? C’mon, people!

Posted Images

8 hours ago, u2roolz said:

I didn’t feel the need to start a new thread, but Spotify added 2 new Jeff Tweedy songs today. They’re part of the Sub Pop Singles Club Vol. 6. They are C’mon America and UR-60 Unsent. 

C’mon America sounds like it might have been played on The Tweedy Show, but I haven’t looked hard enough at the untitled songs to see which one. I thought that it might have been “I Love My Country Stupid & Cruel (Sing In The Choir), but it is not. 

UR-60 Unsent is actually the song that Jeff called Film Strip, when he played it twice on an older episode of The Tweedy Show. That was quite the surprise to see that odd title and have it be Film Strip. 

Enjoy!!

Excellent detective work!

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

The Tweedy Show Thursday November 4 Episode 203

-- Basil welcomes the clients to the Tweedy Show. 
-- Susie introduces Spencer, Casey, Eugenia, Sammy & Jeff. 
-- Susie & Jeff try to guess which show Paul is at during tonight's episode. The answer is My Morning Jacket. 
-- Jeff is triggered by mullets because that's what haircuts the kids that used to pick on Jeff had. 
-- Susie ponders if anyone in Bachelor Nation is a Wilco fan which leads Jeff to tell a story about a fan in the front row who wanted to move the monitor wedge around on the stage, so that he could hear the sound. 
-- Jeff talks about how much it meant to him to see Tweedy Show masks, shirts & "Hi, How Are You?" hats at the Wilco shows. 
-- Jeff talks about Marc Maron who was at one of the recent Los Angeles shows. Marc raved about the show on his podcast, even though he left the show early. 
-- Jeff tells the story about the guy who got up during a song and shot Jeff a dirty look and walked out of the show. 
— Jeff loved the Velvet Underground documentary. 
-- Susie announces that they will be selling Tweedy Show masks again which will this time benefit Recipe For Change. It helps detainees in Cook County Jail. 
https://recipeforchangeproject.org
Visit TweedyShow.com to purchase. 
Wait For Love (Spencer on thigh slaps)
-- Jeff thinks that his vocal chords are still numb after having dental work today. 
-- Spencer models the Porous Walker pajamas that are covered with animated boobs. https://theporouswalker.com
Hold On Hope (Guided By Voices cover sung by Sammy. Spencer on backing vocals.)
What I Don't Believe (The Minus 5 cover sung by Spencer.)
-- Jeff discusses the 30th anniversary of My Bloody Valentine's Loveless record. He mentions that one of the music sites showed a clip of Sammy singing When You Sleep. 
Certainty (Big Thief cover sung by Casey. Spencer on guitar & backing vocals.)
-- Jeff admits that he recently looked at a clip of The Tweedy Show and is upset that Susie never told him not to slouch. Susie told him not to slouch. 
The Golden Age (Beck cover sung by Sammy. Spencer on drums & backing vocals.)
Family Ghost (Spencer on drums.)
Helter Skelter (The Beatles cover sung & performed on drums by Spencer.)
Even I Can See
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)
-- Susie announces that they will not be going back to their regular schedule because everyone is busy, but she will make a social media post to announce the next episode. 
-- Jeff thanks the Wilco organization for going out on tour during the pandemic. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Tweedy Show Monday November 22 Episode 204

--  Sammy welcomes the clients to the Tweedy Show. 
-- Sammy is wearing black leather pants that Jeff once wore at a show at the Vic. Jeff laughs at the fact that he bought them at The Gap. 
Don't Forget (with Spencer on thigh slaps.)
Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals.)
Winter Rose (Billy Nicholls cover sung by Spencer.)
-- Susie shows a book of Woody Guthrie's lyrics that is signed by Nora Guthrie. (The book should be coming out this month.)
-- Jeff sings a bit of Another Man's Done Gone. 
 -- pickle discussion
Hoodoo Voodoo (Spencer on thigh slaps, cowbell, & backing vocals.)
-- Jeff shows his new Mavis guitar from Saginaw, MI to the clients. https://www.google.com/amp/s/guitar.com/review/electric-guitar/the-big-review-mule-resophonic-guitars-mavis/%3famp
Ain't No Doubt About It (Spencer on drums & backing vocals. Jeff on electric guitar.)
Kingpin (Spencer on drums. Jeff on electric guitar.)
-- Jeff & Spencer jam on what sounds like Acuff Rose. 
Bombs Above (Spencer on thigh slaps.)
Hanky Panky Nohow (John Cale cover sung by Sammy.)
I'm The Man Who Loves You (dedicated to Susie.)
-- Jeff says that he heard people scream out "shredding" at a few of the recent shows. 
-- Jeff talks about the Founding Member option for his Substack. He wants to cut off that option to new subscribers. He wants to send the Founding Members a gift soon. 
-- Jeff explains that he enjoys having new songs to share on Substack. 
Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)
-- Jeff mentions that there are still tickets available for the shows at The Metro. 
-- "Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!"

• Like 1