My concert streak is coming to a end!

Hey y’all. I know in the scheme of things this is not too important but I have had this ridiculous concert streak going and it looks like I will finally be defeated by the virus. I have since April 1998 seen at least one concert a month. My rules are it must be a legit show no cover bands etc must be a legit recording artist. I made it to a show in sept 2001 and during the months both of my kids were born so crazy I was able to keep it going for so long. I was brainstorming how to keep it going but my options are close to nil. There is a country artist who lives a town over from me and preformed a porch show early April as a benefit to local businesses . Might be my only hope if he does another one I sent him a message and asked if I can watch from a hundred feet away. Understandably I didn’t get a response. Sorry just talking out loud but worse case I guess 22 years was a good run.

That is impressive. I usually go to 20-30 shows a year, but there have been months without shows before. And there have been months with 5-6 shows, maybe more. Heck there have been weeks with 4 shows. I will now have to look at my list and see what my longest months' streak is.

I think we can dismiss April 2020 to whenever things open up again in terms of your streak ;)  I mean we're all in the same boat and you're not missing any actual public events.

I mean we're all in the same boat and you're not missing any actual public events.

That’s true I’m trying to make peace with this however I will keep thinking about this until May 1 but if it’s going to end this is a good reason for it

Bummer. Asterisks suck, but I’ve got no good ideas. I can’t even think of any non-US countries that are loose enough for a show right now.

I was hopeful to beat my “personal best” of 57 from last year but there’s no way I’ll get there now. Alas.

Bummer. Asterisks suck, but I’ve got no good ideas. I can’t even think of any non-US countries that are loose enough for a show right now.

I was hopeful to beat my “personal best” of 57 from last year but there’s no way I’ll get there now. Alas.

I’m wondering when shows will resume? The next scheduled show I have that is not cancelled or postponed yet is Nada Surf May 28 doubt it will hold be that as it may can’t wait till I get back to a show! By the way I hear you were a big part of Jeff’s show yesterday!?

May?

try next May.

I have tickets for Chris Stapleton/Margo Price/Mike Campbell in June & a rescheduled Drive-by Truckers in July. I have serious doubts as to whether those are going to happen or if they do whether I'm going to be comfortable going. Being high risk, think I'm going to be a bit squirrely for awhile. Fingers crossed for Nick Cave in October. Of note: Roger Waters postponed for a year but intervened with Ticketmaster to ensure that anyone who wanted a refund rather than wait are able to do so. There's been some ugly things going on with refunds for the Stones tour for instance. Early on during the crisis, I asked for a refund for Wilco in Seattle. At the time, it looked like the show was going to happen. The venue said anyone who wanted a refund could get one & provided instructions for how to with Ticketmaster. I never received a refund or even an acknowledgement. I'm fine with waiting now. Weirdly, they've announced a Portland make up date but not Seattle.

It’s not only concerts.

My streak of “every single thing I do for entertainment” has come to an end.  Concerts, movies, museums,....

Lincoln Center Out of Doors has been canceled. That’s usually in late July to mid August.

The Metropolitan Museum of Art said yesterday they’re not opening till at least September.

Can’t see myself getting on a subway to get around NYC at this point anyway.

I’ve been playing a game of crossing out every concert marked on my wall calendar with a big black X as they get canceled.

I don’t think any sort of cultural event will be coming back for a good long time. 

Not sure what I’m going to do with myself when school gets out for the summer.

I have tickets for Chris Stapleton/Margo Price/Mike Campbell in June & a rescheduled Drive-by Truckers in July. I have serious doubts as to whether those are going to happen or if they do whether I'm going to be comfortable going. Being high risk, think I'm going to be a bit squirrely for awhile. Fingers crossed for Nick Cave in October. Of note: Roger Waters postponed for a year but intervened with Ticketmaster to ensure that anyone who wanted a refund rather than wait are able to do so. There's been some ugly things going on with refunds for the Stones tour for instance. Early on during the crisis, I asked for a refund for Wilco in Seattle. At the time, it looked like the show was going to happen. The venue said anyone who wanted a refund could get one & provided instructions for how to with Ticketmaster. I never received a refund or even an acknowledgement. I'm fine with waiting now. Weirdly, they've announced a Portland make up date but not Seattle.

I was just saying that’s the soonest show I have that hasn’t been cancelled yet I do honestly think things will resume in summer and smaller outdoor shows might resume with a capped reduced capacity. The question if it’s safe to go is the unknown. Im cautiously optimistic assuming the curve is flattening now but it’s all a guess and I can easily be very wrong. Also it’s really crappy how some bands are postponing indefinitely I heard tm was forced to give refunds 30 days after the new date is announced if you can’t go. Edit: just for email my nada surf show postponed until April 2021 so you maybe right

The Dead & Co canceled their summer tour and everyone who bought tickets, should automatically be getting a refund within 15 days - no action required on the ticket buyer. Hopefully this pans out -- seems like the easiest policy from a consumer perspective. I am guessing Dead & Co. people had to get involved with Ticketmaster to get this done - which I am grateful for. 

remphish1 -- you and your family should put on your own concerts --- my kid is taking violin - I play with along with him on my guitar (at times, much to the chagrin of the kid).

Don't play anything: grab some pots and pans and sing songs. 

May?

try next May.

Agree. Even if the curve is flattened I don't see any big public events happening this year at all. No sense getting things under control somewhat only to have it blow up again and set us all back however many months or a year. Even early 2021 seems doubtful to me now for shows/sports.

The only show I don't yet want a  refund for is Pearl Jam, just because of how hard it is to get tickets. They can keep me on the list and hold on to my money until 2022 or whenever the show happens.

The Dead & Co canceled their summer tour and everyone who bought tickets, should automatically be getting a refund within 15 days - no action required on the ticket buyer. Hopefully this pans out -- seems like the easiest policy from a consumer perspective. I am guessing Dead & Co. people had to get involved with Ticketmaster to get this done - which I am grateful for. 

remphish1 -- you and your family should put on your own concerts --- my kid is taking violin - I play with along with him on my guitar (at times, much to the chagrin of the kid).

in a lot of cases, Ticketmaster hasn't been giving refunds if a show is postponed (even without make-up date). only shows that have been outright cancelled. i think the outcry & threatened lawsuits are changing that now. in the case of the stones, the tour was postponed. tickets ran into hundreds of dollars each even topping a thousand so people were upset. what made roger waters stand out at the time was his tour is still on albeit a year from now. like i indicated, roger personally intervened with ticketmaster & insisted that refunds be issued if the purchaser wanted the money back. i don't really buy expensive seats anymore but scored some really good cheaper seats for that show. i'm going to just hold on to the tickets. am into it for about $250 total. if that would've been more, i probably would've asked for the refund. maybe this whole episode will shine a light on what a quagmire ticketing has become. that industry is totally out of control.

Ah actually did it last week

Just today I got the email that the Andrew Bird / Calexico show in June is postponed till further notice.

So assuming the Jeff Vic shows get moved, my only actual scheduled show with a ticket is our Railbird festival in August.

Sigh.

Was supposed to go to Newport Folk Festivl with the whole family at the end of July.  The line-up is great, but I fear it will be cancelled.  

Insane Clown Posse Cancel 2020 Gathering of the Juggalos Due to Coronavirus

"We REFUSE to risk even ONE Juggalo life by hosting a Gathering during these troubling times."

When Insane Clown Posse show better judgement than the president, you know we’re truly fucked.

"We REFUSE to risk even ONE Juggalo life by hosting a Gathering during these troubling times."

When Insane Clown Posse show better judgement than the president, you know we’re truly fucked.

Hilarious.

ha ha sounds like an onion article