RainDogToo

Jeff Tweedy - Love is the King - October 23

Anyone know anything about the cover photo? Looks like WW2 (Tunisia?) or possibly Korea? The rifle looks strange - photoshopped as dropped from the hand?

Anyone know anything about the cover photo? Looks like WW2 (Tunisia?) or possibly Korea? The rifle looks strange - photoshopped as dropped from the hand?

This is one of a series of photographs Capa took during World War II as Allied forces opened a front in Tunisia in an effort to liberate Italy from Fascism.

Ha! I am a bit of a history buff so know all about Operation Torch etc. Maybe it isn't a rifle just a shadow of something on the ground. Still looks a bit strange to me.

For once a decent album cover (  :devil  ). 

Here's the original image for those interested:

d062ec1f9e8514d73c3dade0e0e771c9.jpg

Doesn't look like much was changed, outside of maybe some contrast and adding the title.

That video is...something haha.  Not as good as the live version from the drive in, but still such a damn good song.  Can’t wait to hear the rest of the album.

I went through all of the songs performed on The Tweedy Show that didn’t find a home on Love Is The King and not one had the lyrics or any mention of Susquehanna River which is the name of one of the b-sides on the bonus vinyl 7 inch. The other b-side, I’d Rather Be Alone, was played twice. 

edit: I copied and pasted the song title that’s why the font size changed.