Now Playing 2021

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got turned on to The Beths about a month ago.  Great band.

Genius  

Posted Images

^^^ Didn't know Pat Dinizio had passed.  After I bought a CD player in the late 80's, the Smithereens "Green Thoughts" was one of the first CD's I purchased.  And the one you posted, "Especially for You" is excellent -- got a lot of airplay in Chicago.  R.I.P., Pat. 

9 hours ago, Chez said:

^^^ Didn't know Pat Dinizio had passed.  After I bought a CD player in the late 80's, the Smithereens "Green Thoughts" was one of the first CD's I purchased.  And the one you posted, "Especially for You" is excellent -- got a lot of airplay in Chicago.  R.I.P., Pat. 

Ya. sadly he died in 2017 at age 62. He had some serious health issues. I knew him a little from music biz days & mutual friends. He did a show in Vegas at the Riviera for quite awhile where he talked about & played music that influenced him + some of his stuff. It was really good & I got to hang out with him after the show. We had met several years before. It was kind of an unusual booking for Vegas but nice as he got a decent income from it. He was also still doing Smithereens shows periodically. I don't think he ever put out a bad record & always was great live. The first time Smithereens played Seattle it was in a tiny club & 1 of those shows that permanently damaged my hearing haha. So loud but in a good way! B)