So, Who's Got Tickets for live Wilco?

Summerfest just announced their initial lineup and Wilco is a ground stage headliner.  Will have to be one of the first two weekends since the third weekend is the TBT tour dates.  Haven’t seen a ground show at summerfest in 20 years but I think I’ll break my streak for this!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought tickets for the Flaming Lips in Seattle. May 4, 2022 in a big club. Not a bubble show. As usual with the Lips, fan-friendly pricing. Hopefully the show & myself will be happening.

13 hours ago, chuckrh said:

Just bought tickets for the Flaming Lips in Seattle. May 4, 2022 in a big club. Not a bubble show. As usual with the Lips, fan-friendly pricing. Hopefully the show & myself will be happening.

Forgot to put this in post: still waiting for Wilco & DBT make up dates!

I feel like it's pretty likely most states will lift their restrictions by then, at least for outdoor shows. The fact that other, bigger acts (Phish, DMB) are doing late-summer, non-bubble show tours bodes pretty well.

Holy shit. They're headlining a small fest here in Chattanooga in September. Holy shit. 
I have to figure out how to afford tickets. 

It's at a little park downtown-- where my husband and I had our first date. The 2nd time ever Wilco will have played Chattanooga. The first was 1999 at The Bay (a heavy metal club that I never actually got to go to, because I was 11 in 1999). 

3 hours ago, SarahC said:

Holy shit. They're headlining a small fest here in Chattanooga in September. Holy shit. 
I have to figure out how to afford tickets. 

It's at a little park downtown-- where my husband and I had our first date. The 2nd time ever Wilco will have played Chattanooga. The first was 1999 at The Bay (a heavy metal club that I never actually got to go to, because I was 11 in 1999). 

Is that the River Fest, or something like that?  My wife and I drove up to Chattanooga in the '90s while that festival was going on, just as a coincidence.  When we pulled into the Aquarium parking around lunchtime the sound crew was blasting King Crimson to test the PA system.  Later that night we got to see James Brown from outside the fence. 

6 minutes ago, jff said:

Is that the River Fest, or something like that?  My wife and I drove up to Chattanooga in the '90s while that festival was going on, just as a coincidence.  When we pulled into the Aquarium parking around lunchtime the sound crew was blasting King Crimson to test the PA system.  Later that night we got to see James Brown from outside the fence. 

Noooo… you’re thinking riverbend! That festival finally kicked the bucket after over 30 years or something. I have great memories from going as a kid, but the last 10 years or so they were booking awful acts. We used to sneak in through the aquarium loading docks after work. 
the festival Wilco is playing is moon river. It was originally in Memphis, but I think it outgrew where they were having it, so it moved to Chattanooga for some reason. 
i actually got to perform on the kids stage there in 2019. I had written a bunch of songs about animals for my job at the aquarium. 

41 minutes ago, SarahC said:

Noooo… you’re thinking riverbend! That festival finally kicked the bucket after over 30 years or something. I have great memories from going as a kid, but the last 10 years or so they were booking awful acts. We used to sneak in through the aquarium loading docks after work. 
the festival Wilco is playing is moon river. It was originally in Memphis, but I think it outgrew where they were having it, so it moved to Chattanooga for some reason. 
i actually got to perform on the kids stage there in 2019. I had written a bunch of songs about animals for my job at the aquarium. 

Riverbend, yeah, that was the one.

This new festival sounds really good.  I would definitely go see Maddison Cunningham, Molly Tuttle, Seratones.  Maybe Dawes.  Maybe Lake Street Dive.  For me to even have heard of that many of the acts, much less be actively interested in seeing them, is a far better ratio than most festivals.  

6 hours ago, sinko25 said:

With the CDC's new mask guidance for vaccinated people, feels pretty likely the majority of the shows will go on as planned.

I think you're right on this, unless a resurgence occurs.

Sarah, how perfect for you and Matt, and at a romantic site to boot! And will you be joining the band for something? :spider3

7 hours ago, kidsmoke said:

I think you're right on this, unless a resurgence occurs.

Sarah, how perfect for you and Matt, and at a romantic site to boot! And will you be joining the band for something? :spider3

Lolol I doubt Jeff remembers we were gonna do that. If I see him maybe I’ll be brave and ask. 

Looks like I'll be bailing on the Trampled by Turtles show in Green Bay in favor of two nights of Dead and Company that weekend so I will likely have a gold circle ticket available if anyone is looking!

Turns out I got refunded for the Seattle show that was supposed to be in March 2020. Notification from Ticketmaster was non existent. I think I sent an email to venue when it looked like the show was still happening despite the pandemic but there was no followup. I was just looking at my Ticketmaster account & noticed that they had processed a refund. No big deal. They still haven't announced make up dates for the west coast. Most likely I'll buy tickets again when they put them on sale.

• 2 weeks later...

What might Wilco's FIRST post-Covid concert song be? The Wings' "Venus & Mars/Rock Show" would be fantastic, but that won't happen.

Will it be a Wilco classic, or something brand new? 

Getting closer & closer to finding out.

On 5/5/2021 at 9:52 PM, dagwave said:

Meriweather, Des Moines and, and, and.......

Have since added SBS, Mdou Moctar, string cheese, and Modest Mouse.

On 4/14/2021 at 10:52 AM, Chez said:

I have tickets for the Wilco/S-K show in Chicago on Aug 28.  With apologies to Lou Reed, I am "fully vaccinated, gassed, stoked and ready to go!!"

I also have tickets to see Drive-By Truckers in September and Jason Isbell/Lucinda Williams at the end of July. 

I've gone a little crazy on concert tickets.  I've added John Mayall, John Hiatt, Low Cut Connie, Guided by Voices, Hiss Golden Messenger and Sky Blue Sky to my cart. 

• 4 weeks later...

Grabbed tickets for all 3 LA shows and I couldn't be more excited to get some live Wilco back in my life. Originally couldn't go to the West Coast run at all due to travel but COVID... I"m just so damn happy to be have a run of Wilco shows in my future.