Solid Sound May 27-29 2022

I certainly hope this site's not dead because I prefer it over the social media groups. I was completely taken by surprise when I saw the announcement the other night. My little group of Solid Sounders lost the great house we had in 2019, but I understand that we procured lodging in Williamstown. I'm just excited that it's one month closer than I expected. 

• Like 1

I agree with Boss_Tweedy on all accounts!  Once the lineup is announced, I'll bet a few more VCers chime in. 

Jeff's announcement came pretty late in evening for those of us on the east coast.  It was a mad late-night rush to find alternate accommodations for our group, but we did it.  Can't wait to get back to the Berkshires!

On 7/21/2021 at 10:58 AM, Boss_Tweedy said:

I certainly hope this site's not dead because I prefer it over the social media groups. I was completely taken by surprise when I saw the announcement the other night. My little group of Solid Sounders lost the great house we had in 2019, but I understand that we procured lodging in Williamstown. I'm just excited that it's one month closer than I expected. 

Well said! By the way there’s a great downtown breakfast place right on the little downtown bridge. Fine lunch, dinner, and service. Stayed in Williamstown 2 Solids ago. Oh wait that’s Wilmington VT. Never mind…..

I'm super happy to be looking forward to actual Solid Sound! I am curious why the switch to Memorial Day Weekend - was anything mentioned about that? I've grown quite fond of the end of June/official Beginning of Summer slot.

Will be interesting to see what the Friday night theme night will be, if anything? Maybe they finally debut a new album in entirety at the festival? They were so close with Star Wars... and that would have blown people's minds too.

11 hours ago, Yaz Rock said:

I'm super happy to be looking forward to actual Solid Sound! I am curious why the switch to Memorial Day Weekend - was anything mentioned about that? I've grown quite fond of the end of June/official Beginning of Summer slot.

Will be interesting to see what the Friday night theme night will be, if anything? Maybe they finally debut a new album in entirety at the festival? They were so close with Star Wars... and that would have blown people's minds too.

I think that rescheduled festival in Europe kinda squashed the regular last weekend in June. Not sure how “binding” those kinds of things are but seems like it wasn’t something they could just abandon. 

As for Friday - I love the idea of a new record. Sure seems like the perfect time/place for that. And maybe A.M. all the way through (“where it started / where it is” kinda vibe).