Yankee Hotel Foxtrot 20th Anniversary Box Set Releases (09/30/2022)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today I thought I heard a guy driving down Main Street blaring "Kamera" and singing along maniacally as if it were 2002 and he was hearing such sonic gold for the very first time. Then I glanced in th

Yes, the only way to get the super deluxe download is to buy the physical product. Think of it is paying good money for the download and getting a bonus physical product. The book that comes with the

Since I'm not an audio engineer, I enjoyed reading this thread and learning some things from those of you who are more expert. Thank you!

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Analogman said:

Ha Ha not me - I never copied the discs. 

I did some googling on the YHF Engineer Demos and actually came across an old thread here where people were sharing (now expired) links. The Owl and Bear used to host it. Any fan who wanted it around, say, 2006 could have had it.

13 hours ago, summerdai said:

Why do you need both? Don't they have the same content?

Personally, and I am talking from real experience, an11 LP expanded version is not going to get many plays in my house.  It ends up being some sort of huge trophy taking up way too much space. (Ripped) CDs or downloads are the way to go for me for demos/live albums etc. changing a side every 15 or 20 minutes gets tedious fast. Presume there's a nice book to flick through though. 

It’s as much for the collector in me as anything else! I have all their stuff on vinyl and cd as a rule so I’d hate to break the streak on one of their best albums. The scale of this one certainly put a serious and unexpected strain on the credit card this month though. 

I have my fingers crossed we’ll see SBS get the deluxe treatment next year. It’s still my favourite album all these years later. 

6 hours ago, gabepride said:

I did some googling on the YHF Engineer Demos and actually came across an old thread here where people were sharing (now expired) links. The Owl and Bear used to host it. Any fan who wanted it around, say, 2006 could have had it.

The game's afoot, old sport. I'd forgot about. We took all that sort of stuff down. 

4 hours ago, davidtobin100 said:

I have my fingers crossed we’ll see SBS get the deluxe treatment next year. It’s still my favourite album all these years later. 

Yes, and before that AGiB. They've shared a lot but I still suspect there are more oddities from that process lurking in the archives at The Loft.

Just checked what I have, the original album of course, which sounds fantastic, doesn't need a remaster, "enhanced" EP, a "Demos" set and an  "Engineer Demos" set. Then there are the tracks on the rarities box set. So just missing mostly live stuff I guess

I pulled the trigger pretty quick on this one. I got a digital download of the album proper and Reservations Live sent right away, am I understanding correctly that I'll get a digital download of the whole set come release time?

• Analogman changed the title to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot 20th Anniversary Box Set Releases (09/16/2022)
11 hours ago, sinko25 said:

I pulled the trigger pretty quick on this one. I got a digital download of the album proper and Reservations Live sent right away, am I understanding correctly that I'll get a digital download of the whole set come release time?

Did you check the download for the proper album on your link?

Mine was just an image that says ‘Coming Soon’

19 hours ago, summerdai said:

Just checked what I have, the original album of course, which sounds fantastic, doesn't need a remaster, "enhanced" EP, a "Demos" set and an  "Engineer Demos" set. Then there are the tracks on the rarities box set. So just missing mostly live stuff I guess

Don't have the rarities box set but with you on the rest. I don't do vinyl and wouldn't anyway feel the need to splash out. Might be tempted by just the Yankee Hotel Foxtrot Deluxe 2xCD if I had some idea how different the alternative takes are and so I have official versions of the demos I have always liked so much - though I have just noticed that it doesn't have Let Me Come Home, which probably means I won't bother after all.

On 4/19/2022 at 10:57 PM, Madcap said:

Still available on their bandcamp (I was going to wait a but pulled the trigger just in case it sells out there too.)

thanks for mentioning that... i wanted the black version and getting it via bandcamp is better as all the songs will be added to my collection. and it is a little cheaper. score!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen whether you get the download code no matter where you order from? I just placed an order from deepdiscount.com for the 11 LP version. It came to $217.45 after using the code, PLUNGE (just in case anyone is interested...it's the cheapest I've seen it).  I just had the thought that maybe I won't get the download unless you go through official site, though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Analogman changed the title to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot 20th Anniversary Box Set Releases (09/30/2022)
  • 2 weeks later...