Yankee Hotel Foxtrot 20th Anniversary Box Set Releases (09/30/2022)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few things I've found interesting: -Nothing Up My Sleeve is a secondary title to Anniversary. Did we know this?  -The three versions of Laminated Cat will be the first official Wilco studio r

Since I'm not an audio engineer, I enjoyed reading this thread and learning some things from those of you who are more expert. Thank you!

I've never seen a source out there for that show (07/23/2002). I was curious if they were going to use a show that was circulating or a show that was not out there. 

Posted Images

For everyone passing on this box or considering not getting it because they already have the YHF Demos/Engineer Demos tracks: there is so much stuff not released on those sets in this collection that I'm amazed. I'd be curious to see a comparison of the box to those demo sets to see just how much overlap there is, but it's definitely not as much as I was expecting.

I have one more disc to go from the 8 CD set, but so far two standouts that I hadn't heard anywhere else are the Not For The Season (Laminated Cat) from Disc 2 (starts slow and sluggish but it's a good one) and the Ashes of American Flags from disc 3 (has kind of a sinister feel by the end compared to the album version). LOTS of other great stuff throughout.

• Like 1

My weekend proved overstuffed, so I haven't yet had much opportunity to dive deep into the set, but just a cursory glance and listen at the contents has me over the moon. As someone who has spent decades with the YHF demos/engineer's demos, I agree with maxspr1 that there's still a treasure trove of unfamiliar material here. I'm also struck by how the tracks have been presented in a way that even the Criterion Collection might envy. Discs 2-4, especially, appear to be arranged into albums from the multiverse; these are what may have been the released versions of YHF had different decisions been made. The included book seems equally fussed over. This box set is exactly what I've spent decades wishing for.

Bonus points for the awesome T-shirt and baseball cap!

Thanks for the early reviews. Is the 8-CD set comprehensive, or do the vinyl and download releases have versions that are not included on the CD set? Thanks.

On 9/26/2022 at 2:13 AM, Yaz Rock said:

Thanks for the early reviews. Is the 8-CD set comprehensive, or do the vinyl and download releases have versions that are not included on the CD set? Thanks.

The 8 CD set has all 102 tracks plus the rather extensive book/liner notes. It’s all housed in a vinyl LP sized box, in case anyone was wondering.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, maxspr1 said:

The 8 CD set has all 102 tracks plus the rather extensive book/liner notes. It’s all housed in a vinyl LP sized box, in case anyone was wondering.

Great, thank you!

Today I thought I heard a guy driving down Main Street blaring "Kamera" and singing along maniacally as if it were 2002 and he was hearing such sonic gold for the very first time. Then I glanced in the rearview mirror and realized it was me. Phone my family, tell 'em I'm lost.

22 minutes ago, Beltmann said:

Today I thought I heard a guy driving down Main Street blaring "Kamera" and singing along maniacally as if it were 2002 and he was hearing such sonic gold for the very first time. Then I glanced in the rearview mirror and realized it was me. Phone my family, tell 'em I'm lost.

I seriously can't wait to play every version of Camera back to back. It will be like a master class in production and arrangement.

• Like 1