Yankee Hotel Foxtrot 20th Anniversary Box Set Releases (09/30/2022)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today I thought I heard a guy driving down Main Street blaring "Kamera" and singing along maniacally as if it were 2002 and he was hearing such sonic gold for the very first time. Then I glanced in th

Yes, the only way to get the super deluxe download is to buy the physical product. Think of it is paying good money for the download and getting a bonus physical product. The book that comes with the

Since I'm not an audio engineer, I enjoyed reading this thread and learning some things from those of you who are more expert. Thank you!

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Daithi said:

I'm about half way through my first listen of the 11 LP version. Stunning. 

I notice some of you guys talking about a download link. I purchased from UK HMV and no sign of a download in the package. 

The official YHF Reissue store and the Wilco Bandcamp site offer downloads with purchase of the physical products. Not sure about independent stores, guessing they don’t.

On 10/3/2022 at 11:40 AM, lost highway said:

I'm pretty sure the package that holds the CDs is the exact same book that comes with the LPs. 

Tweedy talks in the interview in the liner notes about how badly JB wanted to rack up as many credits as possible by overdubbing endlessly. In the end the songs went through so many processes they were unable to accurately attribute every element to its creator with everything from Ken Coomer drums towards the beginning of the process, to Jim O'Rourke overdubs towards the end. For that reason it's always been credited to a list of names without specifics. "Wilco is/was..."

Is that quote really in the liner notes?  What a spiteful and ungracious thing to say about Bennett.  Embarrassing.

On 10/7/2022 at 5:53 PM, Yaz Rock said:

The official YHF Reissue store and the Wilco Bandcamp site offer downloads with purchase of the physical products. Not sure about independent stores, guessing they don’t.

Ah thanks. That must be it. 

• Like 1

Do you have to purchase CD's or LP's in order to get access to the digital downloads of the Super Deluxe? I'd happily pay good money for digital downloads. Don't have any use for  a bunch of physical discs or albums.

Unrelated: I was hoping Corduroy Cutoff Girl would make the cut on the Super version. Fun little number with some interesting ties to later YHF music.

1 hour ago, d. boony said:

Do you have to purchase CD's or LP's in order to get access to the digital downloads of the Super Deluxe? I'd happily pay good money for digital downloads. Don't have any use for  a bunch of physical discs or albums.

Unrelated: I was hoping Corduroy Cutoff Girl would make the cut on the Super version. Fun little number with some interesting ties to later YHF music.

Yes, the only way to get the super deluxe download is to buy the physical product. Think of it is paying good money for the download and getting a bonus physical product. The book that comes with the super deluxe is really cool, I feel that was worth my money.

Corduroy Cutoff Girl is on the Super Deluxe. It is called American Aquarium.

• Like 2

finally got a chance to delve into the box... wow this is a pretty eye-opening release. hearing the evolution of the songs is really cool, and i gotta say the recording quality and pressing quality is superb. not sure if the silver sounds as good but i am not second guessing my decision to go w/ the black vinyl pressing. 

Finally finished listening to all 11 records, and reading the book. The box is maybe the most thorough story of an album coming together as I've ever seen. Great hearing all the different versions. My only complaint is that I was hoping that by buying such a massive set it would come with downloads (I know you got them from the wilco store and bandcamp, but got mine at my local record store). I'd really love to listen in the car.

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to listening to the version of this that is on Spotify.

The live stuff from the Pageant is amazing. The thread of "snoozin'" comments throughout is hilarious and very Jeff. The version of Reservations is beautiful and the crowd reaction to that one just stops the show in an amazing way. Also the version of Laminated Cat from the live show is superb.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Wilco's Jeff Tweedy joined Cheryl Pawelski for a conversation moderated by Justin Roberts at the Rhapsody Theater in Chicago on February 27—an Up Close & Personal session of the Recording Academy's Midwest Chapter celebrating the twentieth anniversary of the band's groundbreaking album Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. 

https://www.nonesuch.com/journal/watch-wilco-jeff-tweedy-cheryl-pawelski-yankee-hotel-foxtrot-recording-academy-2024-03-11

Or to cut to the chase