Jump to content

HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY, VIA CHICAGO!


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, bböp said:


For that I can take no credit. That was all srmt…remember when she used to post on here? And I know Jeff lurked on here back in the day…:lol


I remember when someone was trolling about plagiarism of lyrics from some (fictional?) poet and JT posted (under srmt) to defend himself. 
 

I always think that FB is about me, whereas VC is (perhaps unfortunately more like was?)  about we.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was the first interwebs "fan forum" I ever joined (2003, maybe earlier), and that was because Wilco had become an exceedingly important fact in my life. I needed to find my tribe. At the time, I

it’s been a long time. Met my husband of 16 years here. Jorge Fabregas.    Happy Birthday VC! My life would be so different had I not bumped into this place.    love to all. 

Hey there people! I can't believe VC has been around for 20 years. I joined this message board specifically to find a recording of the 7/31/2002 Wilco show at The Orpheum Madison. So I probably joined

Posted Images

Wow, 20 years!?! Thank you for letting me know Donna, what a great feeling to see all of your screen names and in some cases avatars from the way way back. I’m almost positive I was here in 2001, I have memories of being here on 9/11. But you can’t trust an old lady’s memory… 🤣

 

I have so many fond memories of this forum, of meeting my fellow Wilco fans, creating the adopt a newbie program for show trading… remember CDs? Ha! The Wilco/REM show at Red Rocks in… September ‘03(?) was a particular highlight of my concert-going life.

 

VC was where I learned of 95% of the music I listened to in the aughts… so many here with such good taste in music. You all made me a music snob 😁.

 

Thank you VC for the memories and good times! 🥳

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mystik Spiral said:

Wow, 20 years!?! Thank you for letting me know Donna, what a great feeling to see all of your screen names and in some cases avatars from the way way back. I’m almost positive I was here in 2001, I have memories of being here on 9/11. But you can’t trust an old lady’s memory… 🤣

 

I have so many fond memories of this forum, of meeting my fellow Wilco fans, creating the adopt a newbie program for show trading… remember CDs? Ha! The Wilco/REM show at Red Rocks in… September ‘03(?) was a particular highlight of my concert-going life.

 

VC was where I learned of 95% of the music I listened to in the aughts… so many here with such good taste in music. You all made me a music snob 😁.

 

Thank you VC for the memories and good times! 🥳

 

 

My wife and I were at the September 13, 2003 REM/Wilco show --- great Kicking Television opener. A cold, cold night.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mystik Spiral said:

I have so many fond memories of this forum, of meeting my fellow Wilco fans, creating the adopt a newbie program for show trading… remember CDs? Ha! The Wilco/REM show at Red Rocks in… September ‘03(?) was a particular highlight of my concert-going life.

 

Bridget! Long time...great to see you back here, if only for a second.

 

And yeah, I can't believe how many of us were at those R.E.M. shows at Red Rocks. What a time. Back when Red Rocks was still the old Red Rocks (people lining up all day), right?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bböp said:

 

Bridget! Long time...great to see you back here, if only for a second.

 

And yeah, I can't believe how many of us were at those R.E.M. shows at Red Rocks. What a time. Back when Red Rocks was still the old Red Rocks (people lining up all day), right?

 

Paul! 🥰 I have a very specific memory of you from that time... It was a Sunday and you wanted to get some beer. I informed you that in CO, liquor stores were closed on Sunday and the grocery store only sold 3.2%. And you had no idea what 3.2% beer was, lucky you. 🤣🤣🤣

 

I don't think CO has blue laws anymore, but I live in OR now. 😄

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember going to the library in high school claiming to need to "research" to check the forums daily because our dial-up internet at home was too slow. Getting lost in the RTTs and the endless strings of hilarious jokes and random stuff. Spending hours pouring over show reviews and new album break downs. 

 

I remember running from the bus to the mail box after school to check for new B&P shows in the mail, or demos, or album leaks. 

 

This place definitely played a huge part in my musical education, and expanding my horizons to new sounds and ideas. 

 

I really believe this tiny little corner of the internet helped me grow into who I am today. 

 

The generosity of VC'ers led me into being able to expand my musical abilities and develop some guitar skills I otherwise would not have had an opportunity to try. I'll always remember that, and still 15+ years later it means so much to me. 

 

It's harder these days to keep up with everything, but I think about everybody often. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2021 at 12:21 PM, Mystik Spiral said:

 

Paul! 🥰 I have a very specific memory of you from that time... It was a Sunday and you wanted to get some beer. I informed you that in CO, liquor stores were closed on Sunday and the grocery store only sold 3.2%. And you had no idea what 3.2% beer was, lucky you. 🤣🤣🤣

 

I don't think CO has blue laws anymore, but I live in OR now. 😄

 

Haha, that sounds like me. Once a lightweight, always a lightweight...:lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2021 at 3:21 PM, Mystik Spiral said:

 

Paul! 🥰 I have a very specific memory of you from that time... It was a Sunday and you wanted to get some beer. I informed you that in CO, liquor stores were closed on Sunday and the grocery store only sold 3.2%. And you had no idea what 3.2% beer was, lucky you. 🤣🤣🤣

 

I don't think CO has blue laws anymore, but I live in OR now. 😄

Cheers Bridget - Hope you are doing well!!! - T

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...