Wilco — 28 May 2022, North Adams, MA (Mass MoCA) [Solid Sound Festival; Day 2 of 3]

As usual with livestreams, 95 percent of anyone who cares probably either was in attendance or watched from home so this is just a cursory (and delayed) setlist post for the record. Might add some thoughts when I get a chance, but I'll be in transit for a bit and, well, you know how that goes...

Anyway, here was the complete setlist as played for Wilco's set on Night 2 of Solid Sound 2022 (The Lonely 1 was apparently on the printed list as the last song of the show, but wasn't played):

You Are My Face

War On War

Muzzle Of Bees

I Am My Mother

Cruel Country

Side With The Seeds

If I Ever Was A Child

Bird Without A Tail/Base Of My Skull

Tired Of Taking It Out On You

Hotel Arizona

At Least That's What You Said

Either Way

Impossible Germany

She's A Jar

What Light

Story To Tell

Love Is Everywhere (Beware)

Falling Apart (Right Now)

Walken

----------------------------------------------

The Good Part

Jesus, etc. (with Michelle Zauner of Japanese Breakfast on lead vocals and Macie Stewart and Molly Germer on violin)

Heavy Metal Drummer

Dawned On Me

Lifetime To Find

Red-Eyed And Blue>

I Got You (At The End Of The Century)>

Outtasite (Outta Mind)

• Like 1

SKy Blue Sky being featured was something I am in favor of, was a great set, but not sure we needed 7 Cruel Country repeats after the whole lot 24 hours earlier. Having said that I thought they generally came over better than Fri night, maybe because I was more familiar with them.

They stuck to the more lively band friendlies from CC, which I kinda liked in the context of a general Wilco show ... Can't hear I Got You (At The End Of The Century) without the image of a tumbling Bob Egan ... Have they ever closed a show with Outta Mind (Outta Sight)? ... 

If I were there, I would have been pretty annoyed that they repeated 7 CC songs since they just played the entire album the night before. That’s got to be the first time they’ve repeated songs at SS right?  Seems so strange to me.

11 hours ago, Madcap said:

If I were there, I would have been pretty annoyed that they repeated 7 CC songs since they just played the entire album the night before. That’s got to be the first time they’ve repeated songs at SS right?  Seems so strange to me.

I was there and wasn't annoyed at all. I'm loving CC, and liked hearing what songs they chose to incorporate in a Wilco show. 

On 5/30/2022 at 8:26 AM, The Inside of Outside said:

I was surprised by how many songs I was surprised that they played (list below). I thought we would get 2-3 that have not been in rotation for a while, but we got many more than that.

You Are My Face

Muzzle Of Bees

Hotel Arizona

Either Way

She's A Jar

What Light

Walken

This!

Jeff acknowledged the unusual repeats saying it is a new album and they want to play it.  Also Saturday night is the biggest crowd of the weekend, not all were there on Friday. But maybe 3 or 4 would have been better and that is what I expected when he made the announcement.

3 hours ago, The Inside of Outside said:

I did not mind the CC repeats. I was actually hoping for a repeat of Many Worlds.

Seconding this! Thought for sure we’d get Many Worlds once it was established we’d hear a few repeats off of CC

Michelle Zauner singing Jesus, Etc . . . was definitely a highlight for me. I'd been hoping this would happen, given the fact that she performed the song with Wilco at their ACL HOF induction. Still such a thrill to see her put her spin on a song I always love hearing live. And knowing the mutual appreciation between JB and Wilco made for a lovely connection between their sets, most obviously with Nels' solo and Michelle Z's expression of love for Wilco's music.

• Like 3