Wilco — 5 October 2022, New Orleans, LA (Civic Theatre)

Not sure how much I can get out at this point in the night, but here goes. Another great performance tonight. Because they performed a mostly different set of songs, tonight's set was more predictable than night one. There were more fan favorites in tonight's set. Old fans like me always appreciate hearing "Box Full of Letters," "Monday," and "Outtasite (Outta Mind)." And it's always cool to hear John sing "It's Just That Simple." A few nice surprises included songs from Star Wars, Schmilco, and Ode to Joy. And I was happy to again hear more songs from Cruel Country. To me they seem to have more life when played live, and I'm more in the mood for that album in the fall than I was in the spring. Tonight's crowd - at least in the area where I was standing - was definitely more lively. Although both nights were sold out, tonight's crowd - at least on the floor - was larger. Jeff didn't talk a lot, but he and the band seemed in good spirits. Tonight's show was a great companion to the first night's songs, and together they made for a memorable Wilco experience for those of us who were fortunate to attend or watch online. Wilco fans are some of the nicest people, and it was such a joy to meet several incredibly nice, interesting people during the two nights in NOLA.

1. Handshake Drugs

2. A Shot in the Arm

3. The Universe

4. I Am My Mother

5. Cruel Country

6. Kamera

7. Random Name Generator

8. If I Ever Was a Child

9. Laminated Cat (Aka Not for the Season)

10. Poor Places

11. Reservations

12. Bird Without a Tail/Base of My Skull

13. Everyone Hides

14. Hummingbird

15. Hearts Hard to Find

16. Impossible Germany

17. Forget the Flowers

18. Mystery Binds

19. Box Full of Letters

20. It's Just That Simple

21. Theologians

22. I'm the Man Who Loves You

ENCORE:

23. Falling Apart (Right Now)

24. Monday

25. Outtasite (Outta Mind)

26. U.S. Blues (Grateful Dead cover)

IMG_5431.jpg

IMG_5465.jpg

IMG_5469.jpg

IMG_5478.jpg

• Like 3

First the Queen dies, now Bbop is not writing show reports. What's going on with the world?

(no offence Boss_Tweedy)

Edit - Now I think of it, Bbop always did have an unmatched collection of handbags. Maybe there is some correlation! Oh no!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

First the Queen dies, now Bbop is not writing show reports. What's going on with the world?

(no offence Boss_Tweedy)

Edit - Now I think of it, Bbop always did have an unmatched collection of handbags. Maybe there is some correlation! Oh no!

None taken! Since it had been quite a while since they last played in NOLA (and since I was there for the shows this week), I figured I'd do my part and actually contribute something more than posts in the "Live Tonight" or "Now Playing." threads. 

• Thanks 1