Either Way
Hate It Here
Dawned On Me
-------------------------------------------------------
The Late Greats
Heavy Metal Drummer
A Shot In The Arm
On And On And On

Unsurprisingly we got the Chicago Night #3 setlist tonight. Almost identical in fact except that Everyone Hides was added in, and that Jesus, Etc. was moved from the main set closing number to slot #4 when Nels experienced technical difficulty with his amp & pedals. Following an extended visit to Banter Corner which included commentary on the technical issues with the amp ("It worked well last night and the night before... and every night before that for 20 years."... "Oh, April Fools, someone took apart all your pedals. Great gag.") and the explanation of the Best Behaved Audience Member trophy, the band launched into a soft version of Jesus Etc where Jeff encouraged the audience to sing along. While this was happening the stage techs resolved Nels's issues. After the next song Jeff wanted to give the trophy to Nels but he declined (De-Cline-d?). Following Impossible Germany, Jeff asked Nels to give out the trophy which he awarded to Gary Lambert.

Others can no doubt delve deeper into the nuances of the performances so I'll leave that to them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Yaz Rock said:

Wilco — 01 April 2023, Port Chester, NY (Capitol Theatre) [Night 3 of 3]

At Least That's What You Said
Spiders (Kidsmoke)
The Universe
Jesus, etc.

You Are My Face
Whole Love
Mystery Binds
I'll Fight
Side With The Seeds
One And A Half Stars
Tired Of Taking It Out On You
Everyone Hides
Impossible Germany
Sunken Treasure
Laminated Cat (aka Not For The Season)
Reservations
Either Way
Hate It Here
Dawned On Me
-------------------------------------------------------
The Late Greats
Heavy Metal Drummer
A Shot In The Arm
On And On And On

Unsurprisingly we got the Chicago Night #3 setlist tonight. Almost identical in fact except that Everyone Hides was added in, and that Jesus, Etc. was moved from the main set closing number to slot #4 when Nels experienced technical difficulty with his amp & pedals. Following an extended visit to Banter Corner which included commentary on the technical issues with the amp ("It worked well last night and the night before... and every night before that for 20 years."... "Oh, April Fools, someone took apart all your pedals. Great gag.") and the explanation of the Best Behaved Audience Member trophy, the band launched into a soft version of Jesus Etc where Jeff encouraged the audience to sing along. While this was happening the stage techs resolved Nels's issues. After the next song Jeff wanted to give the trophy to Nels but he declined (De-Cline-d?). Following Impossible Germany, Jeff asked Nels to give out the trophy which he awarded to Gary Lambert.

Others can no doubt delve deeper into the nuances of the performances so I'll leave that to them.

Thanks for chiming in, Rob! Hopefully more folks will do so, both here and in the future, since this is hardly meant to be an exclusive domain for my dumb ramblings. (And extra bonus points for adhering to the titling convention. Maybe I should start awarding a trophy for that!)

• Like 1

You're very welcome, Paul! I'm happy to contribute and to follow your good lead. I'll report back with photos later on!

• Thanks 1

That's cool that Lambert got the trophy.

Well deserved - he has been talking up Wilco for years on his and David Gans' Tales from the Golden Road show on the XM/Sirius Grateful Dead channel.

• Like 2

This is one of those times that the setlist doesn't really tell the whole story. If you weren't there and were just looking at the setlist you'd have no idea how hard Sunken Treasure and Laminated Cat rocked. 

Seriously. Laminated Cat. Absolutely fucking rocked. 

• Like 4

Love seeing Mystery Binds in there again. I was bummed I missed that one at the last Riv show, as it's one of my favorites off the new album and it seems destined to be a rarity. While almost every other song from these runs have popped up on YouTube in some form, there is still stubbornly no live footage of Mystery Binds out there!

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2023 at 10:57 AM, Mizzy said:

This is one of those times that the setlist doesn't really tell the whole story. If you weren't there and were just looking at the setlist you'd have no idea how hard Sunken Treasure and Laminated Cat rocked. 

Seriously. Laminated Cat. Absolutely fucking rocked. 

Very belated agree on this. Of the three nights, the final one was the best of the bunch to me.

A recording of this or night one never surfaced did it? I saw night two - the weakest to me (though of course still great ofc, it's Wilco) on Dime.