Wilco — 7 April 2023, Ölfus, Iceland (Ingólfsskáli Veitingahús) [Wilco In Iceland Bonus Show]

I think this "bonus show" performance earlier in the day for a relatively small group of ticket purchasers and lucky lottery winners (and apparently even a rogue straggler or two who managed to sneak in) of the Wilco In Iceland extravaganza deserves its own thread, so I'm doing that.

Even though I don't really have time right now to get into a full recap, I will circle back around. For any Chicagoans or others lucky enough to attend one or more of the band's sets at the intimate Carol's Pub last October, if you take that sort of vibe and atmosphere and transfer it into a barnlike Viking restaurant in the middle of nowhere, you might start to have an idea about what it was like to go this show — which ultimately lasted about 52 minutes.

More to come, but for now, here was the complete setlist as played (there were no changes/omissions from the printed list I saw):

I Am My Mother

Cruel Country

Art Of Almost (acoustic arrangement)

Hearts Hard To Find

Please Be Wrong

Bird Without A Tail/Base Of My Skull

Tired Of Taking It Out On You

Ambulance (Jeff solo, with band remaining on stage)

New Madrid

Someone To Lose

She's My Rock [Stoney Edwards; written by Sharon K. Dobbins]

Falling Apart (Right Now)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Brian F. said:

Acoustic Art of Almost? That must have been wild.

Yeah, I bet that was a treat. I remember they played it acoustic once or twice at the end of shows back almost 10 years ago. I wonder how this version sounded.