kidsmoke

[Wilco Vol. 2] Tribute 2 Contributors

Hello, my little ragtag band of multitalents! :D I just thought you'd all like to know that Tony Margherita's office received their big box of Tribute 2 CD's a bit more than a week ago. I don't think copies have been distributed to the band members yet, since they've been tearing around on tour, but as of this evening, it looks like they have a 2-week break. So I'd suppose they'll likely be home in Chicago for a bit, and it seems probable that they will get their lovingly wrapped, painstakingly crafted CD's very soon.

Thought you'd all want to know so you could commence with the nervous nail-chewing. :coolio Seriously, though, none of you have reason to be nervous at all! These songs are, like, the greatest lost tracks of all time! Except maybe that goofy little version of "Monday" that my gang submitted...... :rolleyes: :dance

The CD's look wonderful....LLP's cool blue art printed onto glossy brochure paper.....very handsome! Then each individual CD was gift wrapped in one of the wraps I'd selected: either insects (with a prominent bee, for all of Jeff's bee references) or dog faces (dogs laughing!) or firemen (Ok, that wrap I just fell in love with....but somehow it seemed exactly right for wrapping Glenn's and Mikael's. Can't explain why.) (We'll call that the "Through flaming doors" wrap.)

Congratulations to all of you on your magnificently-realized Wilco covers! You're more talented than you know. A toast to a job well done! :cheers

My nails are now completely gnawed off.

Well, metaphorically speaking, but still.

Thanks for letting getting it to them!