I picked up these two albums over the weekend, in part because I remember liking the one when I spun it on my college station so many years ago (Don't Get...) and in part because Billy G is so very into him, and I respect his opinion.

g84301ch3u3.jpgc87108hya74.jpg

I am just not feeling it, though. Should I be listening to something else? (Rattlesnakes is his best, right?) Or, if I don't like these, should I just not even bother? It seems like the kind of thing that I should be into, but the production is just killing it for me; so DAD rock. Maybe they're growers?

I suspect if you don't like him now you won't. I have these and a couple others I think and none of them are that stunning. They are all just "okay".

LouieB

Thing is, I liked "...Babe" when I was in college. Just didn't sound as good as it did then. Hoping that it will come back to me.

Cole, like lots of alternative/indie type rock figures had his day and then faded away. He was certainly good. But maybe not all that good.

And just like the afterward mentioned Jules Shear, someone I collected his records for the hell of it.

Long ago here I threated to start a thread of all the artists I have sitting on my shelves that either were popular, barely popular or lost in the mists of musical time. It is a cautionary tale. Those artists that were hot hot hot, are destined to be dead cold someday.

it is like my mention of Graham Parker in a thread not long ago. He was hot, then he was not, now he is old and making decent records few if anyone is interesed in.

LouieB