Kevin Junior (Chamber Strings) to play first show in 2 years!

Unfortunately for me, it's in Akron, OH.

But, nonetheless, it's great news and hopefully a portent of new music to come, I hope.

Anyway, here's the info for those who want to know:

As usual it is you and me Todd.  Kevin has been very ill in recent years and underwent heart surgery.  I also got this notice through facebook.  I always wish the guy well, but I fear at this point he is going to play to mostly empty rooms. Sad for such a talented guy.

LouieB

Yeah, I got this though Facebook too and also the news about his surgery.

He is an immensely talented guy and I wish that other folks here would at least give a quick listen to Month of Sundays. I think that many of them would become fans.

I first heard Chamber Strings through folks on another message board that I frequent. One of the best things that I ever picked up from those folks.

The Kevin Jr story is very sad.  At this point he will probably live his entire life being the guy who just didn't make it.  He fell victim to drugs and maybe his own self image as a big rock star in the mode of Ray Davies or Alex Chilton, who just couldn't quite find his audience. 

LouieB

The Kevin Jr story is very sad.  At this point he will probably live his entire life being the guy who just didn't make it.  He fell victim to drugs and maybe his own self image as a big rock star in the mode of Ray Davies or Alex Chilton, who just couldn't quite find his audience. 

LouieB

What he needs is a wealthy patron with a large audience, like a famous film director or somebody who can bring is music to a mass audience in one fell swoop.

Or a commercial placement, like with Nick Drake's "Pink Moon" or Trio's "Da Da Da."

What he needs is a wealthy patron with a large audience, like a famous film director or somebody who can bring is music to a mass audience in one fell swoop.

Or a commercial placement, like with Nick Drake's "Pink Moon" or Trio's "Da Da Da."

Of course this does beg a question those us who know him do ask.....How the hell does he support himself?  Since he barely works as a musician, has no residuals from recordings, airplay, movies, etc. how the fuck does he get by?  I doubt he has a day job. 

LouieB