Vinyl collectors step in side please

Sorry to kill some bandwidth here, but this article called Bob on Bob from the New Yorker is worth a read (even though he picks some rather obvious examples to make some of his points.

LouieB

BOB ON BOB

by LOUIS MENAND

Dylan talks.

Issue of 2006-09-04

Posted 2006-08-28

I never heard that dude - nor do I want to.
Who are we talking about here?? Sufjan? He is worth a listen or two. I found it funny that Greg Kot nailed him in a recent review of his performance here in Chicago for the same issue I nailed him for here months earlier....that he has no idea how to swing. (I called it SDD or swing deficit disorder.) If he got a bit of that going he would be a far better musician.

As for the Dylan book, see the review above also. I should read that book I suppose, although I have read several of the interviews over the years anyway.

LouieB

Who are we talking about here??

As for the Dylan book, see the review above also. I should read that book I suppose, although I have read several of the interviews over the years anyway.

LouieB

that dude that dresses up like a cheerleader

Even considering the creative rut(s) Dylan went through as he navigated through middle age, no one should really be surprised he's made such interesting records the past decade or so - because he was always better than Clapton, or Neil Young, or anyone else.