anyone heard this Dallas band? I'm in love.

Ya know...I was gonna start a post about them the other day.

Joining the Old '97's in spreading the gospel of Texas music.

:D

Yay! I knew they'd have other fans here. I can't imagine a Wilco fan NOT liking this band. I posted a thing the other day about my myspace e-zine the other day, "Split Hairs", and they are my featured band profile.

I'm going to try to go to their cd release party tomorrow night in Austin. I'm kinda broke, but... ya gotta do what ya gotta do! :rock

not sure if they'll do the same thing, but their cd release here in dallas was really cool. they played for hours. they started with earlier stuff and worked their way forward. they also played the entire new album from front to back (including a couple extended versions i wish were on the album). oh, and they also had the guy who did art for the album painting while they played the new album. it was projected up on a couple screens... pretty cool.

and to top it off, they closed the night with a covers set (which featured 10 or so dylan songs and others from led zep, pavement, etc).

it was one of the coolest shows i've seen in quite a while.