But from the boffo music video located here:

http://www.whentheangelsmakecontact.com/

the soundtrack will be killer.

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2006/10/2520.cfm

Matt Mays Makes Contact On New Album

Wednesday October 25, 2006 @ 06:30 PM

By: ChartAttack.com Staff

Matt Mays

If you thought that you had Matt Mays pegged as a hoser roots rocker, think again. The Dartmouth, Nova Scotia artist's new album, When The Angels Make Contact, sees him delve into musical areas that you'd likely never associate with him, including electronica and hip-hop.

Mays has always been a fan of different styles of music, but he broadened his personal palette for the new album because it was originally intended to be the soundtrack for a film that he started shooting this summer with director Drew Lightfoot. While Mays ran out of cash for the movie before it was completed, he did everything in his power to make sure that the music for it would still see the light of day. That will happen on November 7, when Sonic will release his third LP.

To give people a better idea of his vision, and introduce them to his new look, Mays created the When The Angels Make Contact website. It features photos, a trailer for the movie and the video for the title track lead single, which features Buck 65 as a coin-operated, fortune-telling genie. You can also listen to the album on the new site.

The album was produced by Mays and El Torpedo drummer Tim Jim Baker, and it features contributions from other El Torpedo members, the aforementioned Buck 65, turntablist Scratch Bastid, former Inbred Mike O'Neil, Cuff The Duke's Dale Murray (who used to play with Mays in The Guthries) and The Novaks' Mick Davis. "East coasters stick together," Mays says of the guest lineup on the 18-track disc.

"I'm really proud of it because I put so much into it and really pushed myself. I had things that I wanted to say and sounds that I wanted to make, and I did."

Mays and El Torpedo are currently playing select U.S. dates in support of their self-titled 2005 album that's just been released south of the border by the relatively new Sony BMG-distributed label, 00:02:59. Their only scheduled Canadian shows for the remainder of the year are at the Astor Theatre in Liverpool, Nova Scotia on November 10 and a New Year's Eve concert with Kathleen Edwards and Blue Rodeo at Hamilton's Copps Coliseum.

Here are the songs on When The Angels Make Contact:

* "Intro"

* "The Past"

* "When The Angels Make Contact"

* "1 For The Motor"

* Spoonful Of Sugar"

* "Never Saw It Comin'"

* "Officer Downe"

* "Heroine"

* "850 Commando"

* "The Dartmouth Soundsystem"

* "Midnight Is The Time"