I've got the original and I really enjoy it. For someone like me who just does home recording and doesn't know a drummer, it's quite a useful tool.

I was wondering if anyone had bought any of the expansion packs. If so, how are they? Same general quality as what came with the original program?

• 2 weeks later...
I've got the original and I really enjoy it. For someone like me who just does home recording and doesn't know a drummer, it's quite a useful tool.

I was wondering if anyone had bought any of the expansion packs. If so, how are they? Same general quality as what came with the original program?

I've never actually used this program but I would like to get my hands on it as I have heard good things, too bad its 200 bucks.

Just curious -- how does this software compare with NI's Battery? I checked it out online, and it looks like they have similar prices. I've been using battery and like it fairly well, but it looks like EZ drummer might be a little more friendly to those of us non-drumers.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't really compare EZDrummer to NI Battery, because I've never used NI battery --- went straight from an Alesis SR-16 to EZDrummer.

I've found EZDrummer to be pretty easy to use, although you're somewhat stuck with the way the drums are set up - you can take pieces away by turning their individual channel volume down, but you can't really add any pieces unless you port in a second plug-and-play soundfile into the multitrack.

That said, the "room" and "presence" functions on the volume really give a lot of sonic diversity to the sound you get from the drum samples...and they're really good sounding drum samples to begin with. I've had more than a few people ask me who the new drummer was that I hired. :)

As for using it in multitracking, I found it pretty simple to set up in Sonar 5 --- just drag the files into the MIDI track and control the volume through one of the regular tracks.

I know I like it because I don't have to program each sound individually...something that I tried for years to learn (and failed miserably at).