So somebody out there has got to be into him...who is it?!?

Some Chicagoan must be... ;)

Let's chat it up!!! :D

Remember me....Robbie Fulks fan. My daughter TG saw him yesterday at Taste of Chicago and talked to his drummer.
Yes, I remember you :) And I was thinking when I posted this that someone BESIDES you and I MUST BE a fan...not too much response, tho... :hmm

However, seeing him live is a real treat.
Indeed!!! I love seeing him in the small venues he plays out this way. A-MA-ZING artist...INCREDIBLE shows!!! :D What part of Chicagoland are you from?
Yes, I remember you :) And I was thinking when I posted this that someone BESIDES you and I MUST BE a fan...not too much response, tho... :hmm

Indeed!!! I love seeing him in the small venues he plays out this way. A-MA-ZING artist...INCREDIBLE shows!!! :D What part of Chicagoland are you from?

I've lived in quite a few areas but mostly in the city and now in the western burbs. I've seen Robbie about 6 times (once opening for Wilco at a free festival). I saw him at Fitzgeralds on December 30th and it was easily the best I've seen by him.

When Robbie is on, he is one of the most fun performers anywhere. His band is great and he is also great solo. I am sure some people don't like his jokey songs, but as a songwriter he is sort of old school, staking alot of the song on the actual words.

LouieB

I haven't listened to him in a while, but count me in. Haven't bought an album since Couples in Trouble, but his cover of Believe is the first song I ever acquired from iTunes.
I keep trying to figure out who thought to play this thing first, Robbie or Dollar Store, they both cover it.

LouieB

Robbie Fulks ia a lot of fun to see live! I've seen him a few times when he has played here in Madison, WI.

.......By the way Robbie Fulks and Don Stiernberg are playing togther at the upcoming Sugar Maple Traditional Music Festival in Madison Wisco on 8/3 and 8/4....The Festival is a blast....I suggest checking it out.

Here is the link to the Festival's site: http://www.sugarmaplefest.org/

One of my favorite lives acts, and more so one of the last great traditional country singer/songwriters though I hesitate to throw the label of country on Robbie.
I think Robbie is fine with that label.

LouieB