Cool Wilco Encounter

So, my wife and I live in a duplex (we're in the process of looking for house), and last week we got some new neighbors -- a young couple like us. As they were moving in, I went outside to introduce myself. It just so happened I was wearing a Wilco t-shirt. We spoke for a few minutes, and the guy looks at my shirt and says, "Looks like you've got good taste in music. My wife has actually accused me of having an unhealthy obsession with Wilco." I replied that my wife has made the same accusation against me. Small world, huh? I guess it's not as rare to run into a fellow Wilco fan as it once was.

That's awesome!

I've got a good one too:

I went to the Pines and Boston shows this year, both times I sat close to this guy. I recognized him from last year's Pines show, and we sorta knew of eachother's general presence. Anyway, I work in a deli, and about two days ago I see a familiar face in line, it's the guy! He's wearing a Wilco shirt too, so we chatted it up about the shows for a bit. It was pretty cool.

Got a bit of both of your stories in my little ditty ... was given a writing assignment by my "shrink" (who hails from Nashville), and I referenced a transcendent Wilco concert experience last summer @ Pines ... turns out her husband is a huge fan and I copied a tape of the show for him which completely obliterated all borders but ... hated those borders anyhow and her husband was thrilled. I gave her a Wilco t when she left NYC.

lisa