Pat Sansone with The Clientele

Went to the Peter Bjorn and John show last night at the Vic. It was a less than stellar evening however, Pat Sansone sat in with the opener the Clientele, and watched the Peter Bjorn and John show from one the boxes on the side of the stage. Just thought I would let everyone know.

I guess I should have elaborated. From what I saw of the Clientele they were very good. Peter, Bjorn, and John ended on a high note, however I didn't really care for the way they mixed their sound. It sounded very muted and it was hard to hear the vocals. I guess I just expected a little better experience.

PBJ (Peanut Butter and Jelly???) are certainly the Gnarls Barkley of the summer of 2007. Their single was all over the place. Have they done anything else of note??

LouieB

there's a few songs on the album that are better than the single Young Folks honestly...

Objects of My Affection, Up Against The Wall, Let's Call It Off and Amsterdam to name a few

there's a few songs on the album that are better than the single Young Folks honestly...

Objects of My Affection, Up Against The Wall, Let's Call It Off and Amsterdam to name a few

That is pretty good considering Young Folks is pretty catchy. I just wish that at even a station like XRT they wouldn't play some of this into the ground. I could understand this if it were 30 or 40 years ago when everything was a single, but occasionally it would be nice for the FM stations to mix it up a bit.

XRT with it's supposed huge record library has managed to reduce its playlist to a fairly small number. Aside from hearing REM every time I turn on the station, they are now playing Walken into the ground and they act like Perfect Crime II is the only play worthy song off of The Decemberists, etc. etc. I actually miss the old top 40 days when at least the AM stations would drop a single when it stopped selling. XRT just goes ahead and plays the same damn songs until no one wants to hear them ever again.

(edit-they just played it on XRT tonight....)

LouieB