Patterson Hood has become my new Peter Buck

I noticed on my drive into work today that P. Hood has become my new go-to guy for music recommendations. In the mid 80's and early 90's, I couldn't get enough of REM. Along those lines, everything that Peter Buck touched was absolute gold in my eyes. He turned me on to some of the best music that I STILL listen to today - Replacements - "Let it Be" was the start of them becoming one of my favorite bands. Uncle Tupelo "March" led to me becoming a huge Uncle Tupelo, Son Volt, Wilco fan. He also turned me to Vigilantes of Love and a few others that I still listening to these days.

Patterson has produced The Dexateens which put out a great album last year. He has also pointed me in the direction of Glossary who I have grown to love. This morning I was listening to Ryan Bingham's latest album "Mescalito" which I picked up after previewing on iTunes. He's opening for DBT right now. It's quite good.

Wilco has turned me on to many great bands through opening acts but I think P. Hood has the edge right now with me personally. Exception was the band that opened for them last time I saw 'em American Minor... interest in them was minimal at best.