Wilco on Connecticut radio?

Those of you in the Hartford, CT area probably know that the radio market around here is a total abyss... many, many stations 100% devoted to utter crap. Back in the mid-late nineties, when I was in middle school, there was an alternative rock station called radio 104 that played its share of Stone Temple Pilots but also introduced my young mind to some quality stuff like Beck and Radiohead... but inevitably that became "Power 104," yet another hip hop station.

But here, long after I'd given up on CT radio, I find out they're bringing the alternative format back to 104.1 FM. I flip it on more out of curiosity than high expectations, and indeed they're playing the expected quantity of Dave Matthews and Korn. But somehow, in between, there's White Stripes' "Icky Thump," Radiohead's "Bodysnatchers," and... "Pot Kettle Black"! I never expected in a million years to hear something off YHF on a Hartford radio station.

So those of you who are from around here, let's lobby these guys to keep up the good work and try to load some more Wilco onto their playlist. This could last a week and go back to rap for all I know, but I'm going to try to enjoy this while it lasts.

http://www.1041music.com/