Just watched ACL ... damn I want a Jazzmaster!

I have never 'connected' with the electric guitar as an instrument. I am obsessed with the acoustic guitar, of course. But after watching Wilco on ACL, Nels sure rips the crap out of that Jazzmaster. Got my GAS juices flowing....

On a related note, I never likes SG's either. The thought of those garish horns made me think of teenagers at Guitar Center hammering out Black Sabbith riffs ad naseum. But Jeff made it look cool, no?

Pat's Tele's were neat, too. Love the white w/ RW fingerboard....

How much is Bush giving me in refunds???

I've never been a fan of SG's either.. Not because of the way they look, but because I don't like the way the neck feels. . It's just too round or something. I"m more of a strat man with the thinner neck. . I would LOVE a Jazzmaster.. Who wouldn't? I've played a lot of guitars in my day, but haven't played one. Although I hear they are very similar to a Jaguar, and I have played one of those.. Very nice axe.

How much is Bush giving me in refunds???

If you're single, probably about $600-$800 -- $1600 if you're married and filed jointly. The checks should go out in mid-May or June. Unfortunately, the refund my wife and I get will probably go to home improvements and not a new amp. Oh well.

As for the guitars, I've always liked the SG (though I can see your point about the horns), but I doubt I'll ever get one. I've come to realize that I like it because it's the closest thing Gibson makes to a Fender, if that makes sense. I've just always been a Fender guy when it comes to solid-body electrics. Now, for acoustics, hollow bodies, semi-hollow bodies, etc., I'm a Gibson guy.

I could see myself one day getting a Jazzmaster. They seem a little "high-maintenance," but I think I would really enjoy experimenting with it. With a tele and a strat (if I can still call it that, since it will soon have more custom replacement parts than original parts) already, I don't see myself buying another solid-body electric anytime soon.

As for telecasters, I can't recommend them enough. I've got a '52 American Vintage Tele, and it is my workhorse.