Wilco, South San Gabriel, Centro-matic, My Morning Jacket

This has got to be a gift from God. Within the space of 4 days I am going to see the 4 bands I would put on a list of my top 5 to see.

I've seen wilco several times, centro once and mmj once. But all of it in 4 days together. Anybody else in the Houston area doing this next month?

cheers,

b

I'm going to see Wilco in H-town on March 7th. I can't wait. I feel like I'm missing something every time someone talks about how great Centro-matic are. I take a step back and listen to the albums that my friends have burned for me and try and try and try. I don't get it. They sound like a rock band. Guitar, bass, drums and nothing special. Maybe someday, I love my O.C.D.

The same goes for MMJ. I like some of their songs but most of the lyrics leave me cold. Maybe someday.

I'm going to see Wilco in H-town on March 7th. I can't wait. I feel like I'm missing something every time someone talks about how great Centro-matic are. I take a step back and listen to the albums that my friends have burned for me and try and try and try. I don't get it. They sound like a rock band. Guitar, bass, drums and nothing special. Maybe someday, I love my O.C.D.

The same goes for MMJ. I like some of their songs but most of the lyrics leave me cold. Maybe someday.

what centro-matic are you listening to? i just sent some to my cousin to introduce her to the band and i went with 'navigational' and 'love you just the same'. i think these are 2 of the 'easiest' to get into. will's other band 'south san gabriel' might interest you more. give 'welcome, convalescence' a try there.

mmj - go see them live. i'd be surprised if you didn't get into them after that. also, in my opinion, their latest cd 'Z' is a really tough one to start with. 'at dawn' or 'it still moves' might work better.

and then, you might never like them. and that is cool too. i can't tell you how many bands i go through the same thing. it was just this year that i got richard buckner and i've been trying for 30 years to like van morrison and it just ain't gonna happen.

cheers,

b