good music venues in chicago

hey - a friend of mine is heading out to chicago in a couple of weeks for a wedding but is staying for a week or so. he was asking if i'd heard of any decent clubs / venues that he could check out - so i thought id post on here and see what some of you could come up with...? :worship

At least this person had a specific question for a change and since they are from England I sent them a personal message to look at the what to do in Chicago thread.We certainly agree on the top clubs, with the Hideout beating out Schubas on some nights (in terms of friendliness) and Schubas beating out the Hideout in terms of bookings, while the Bottle has great stuff, go for the atmosphere.

Maybe we can pick this back up under the other thread and get more input, since everyone has their favorite clubs and we really have not talked about that there yet. The new Bottom Lounge opened, etc.

LouieB

cool - thanks guys, and thanks for the message louie..

i didnt realise there was a specific thread..

cool - thanks guys, and thanks for the message louie..

i didnt realise there was a specific thread..

Do ask the question up there so we can get some discussion about this for the long haul. While there is agreement on Schubas and the Hideout, there may be some venues worth checking out that have not been given their due.

LouieB