WILCO - 10/12/2009 Columbus, OH

i was in the orchestra pit and also had a couple of bozos wielding their air guitars with gas problems. one was even fond of waving his hat in the air and yelling "WILCO!" regularly during the show. i'm assuming the gaseous emissions were coming from one of them as well. that said, it was a good show but i prefer the vibe from GA audiences better.

;)

dude, I tried to grin and bear it. I was a little stuck. But the air guitar, and I mean way out there, jumping aroud, make Nels Cline look like a wooden broard air guitar was a bit much. I was getting bumped and stepped on.

Oh well.

Cheers. Hope the finger feels better. :P

jmbritt and anyone else who fits the 'mold'

Dreamed about killing you again last night...and that was alright with me...or something like that....think about why I placed this up front at the end of this diddy, (jk to the legal hounds).

I likely was one of the people your referring too in the pit as in arm (jk, sensitive ones). I don't often, in fact, given my profession (without fame) spend time on these types of boards but did read through these posts for one reason. To read and remember what a fun time it was dancing, watching, singing, living during the entire Wilco concert in Columbus, Ohio, one Monday eve in October. Don't know if it's against "Jeff's" rules, the center's rules, special conditional algorithms or such but not against mine. I have to factually say, being of advanced age, 52yo, I still head to the trails, weights and all and tend to leave overweight guys half my age in quandry saying, "what am I doing wrong?" expressions. Just the facts, when I think of the potbellied folks within my eye shot during the concert. But I don't judge, just see a metabolic syndrome epidemic in OH and most of the U.S. None the less, when one dances (NOT playing air guitar, less Impossible Germany, Monday because they kicked a$$)and even apologizes when he taps the dancing (and I don't care if she's sweating) lady (can't call her a girl because she older than 19, a bit plump round the waist, etc. but she was dancing the majority of the night away, very cool and that is all that matters).

So, you dance, sing, apologize, dance, get pumped, "work out", appreciate brilliant lyrics woven into relatively complex composition(as I have across a wide variety of R&R groups that uncommonly consistently deliver so transparent, so cryptically colored, so etheral, so visceral lines like Mr. Jeffrey Tweedy's dactyllic style). Look mom, no tryannical thesaurus.

Wow, and what do you get from it? What do you get from the jmbritt's who think they have risen up as a "Cherry Ghost" to all those universal minded 'theologians? Nothing of value in all my concert goings over the years. But alas, he was right about one thing, my dear friend, who is one of the nicest people you would ever be lucky enough to call your best friend was hollering "Wilco" way too often for no real reason. Excitement? Misplaced etique, of course, hammer him, who ever you may be. But I was not able to really get him to realize everyone had already bought a ticket (or perhaps, borrowed one like the guy two over from me). You see, I apologize for offending anyone who is not optimal weight at Wilco concerts who threw their 'weight around', or the ones who hollered 'right in the ear' two seats over, or the guy who kept his girl friend directly in front of him, right in front of me leaving me with a paltry 18" x 24" to 'enjoy' this concert for ....me. Moving forward, such as no video policies, veryone needs to refrain, retain all internal forms of flatulence. If such forms enter a "WIlco Atmosphere" one needs to provide apology for farting during said event to a minimum of three seats by three seats from the "back seat" of origin. Moving forward, please note that both silent and audible farts will be monitored, isolated through available non-invasive technologies during future Wilco shows so the "gentleman" (e.g. jmbritt) who likely does not know when he farts can feel safe and secure. An ever insightful Wilco fan suggested placing such "No video taping" on both sides of entrance doors or better still, an entrance flip chart. Excellent! This behavioral misconduct monitoring notice will be added as well. I find so many people so small and never self-directed to improve themselves. The addition by substraction crowd who don't really live, nor contribute but tend, tend (to be fair to the grey out there and real gradations of depression) to live only vicarious lives through ..."Jeff Tweedy's". It's so old as I begin to embrace 'late Fall'....come on adults your acting like grown ups, act your age get back to compassion and hope. But if you want to bungle in this jungle (omg a loose Ian Anderson reference) go for it. I just want to rock in many forms when I am not operating on your lonely brain.

jmbritt and anyone else who fits the 'mold'

Dreamed about killing you again last night...and that was alright with me...or something like that....think about why I placed this up front at the end of this diddy, (jk to the legal hounds).

I likely was one of the people your referring too in the pit as in arm (jk, sensitive ones). I don't often, in fact, given my profession (without fame) spend time on these types of boards but did read through these posts for one reason. To read and remember what a fun time it was dancing, watching, singing, living during the entire Wilco concert in Columbus, Ohio, one Monday eve in October. Don't know if it's against "Jeff's" rules, the center's rules, special conditional algorithms or such but not against mine. I have to factually say, being of advanced age, 52yo, I still head to the trails, weights and all and tend to leave overweight guys half my age in quandry saying, "what am I doing wrong?" expressions. Just the facts, when I think of the potbellied folks within my eye shot during the concert. But I don't judge, just see a metabolic syndrome epidemic in OH and most of the U.S. None the less, when one dances (NOT playing air guitar, less Impossible Germany, Monday because they kicked a$$)and even apologizes when he taps the dancing (and I don't care if she's sweating) lady (can't call her a girl because she older than 19, a bit plump round the waist, etc. but she was dancing the majority of the night away, very cool and that is all that matters).

So, you dance, sing, apologize, dance, get pumped, "work out", appreciate brilliant lyrics woven into relatively complex composition(as I have across a wide variety of R&R groups that uncommonly consistently deliver so transparent, so cryptically colored, so etheral, so visceral lines like Mr. Jeffrey Tweedy's dactyllic style). Look mom, no tryannical thesaurus.

Wow, and what do you get from it? What do you get from the jmbritt's who think they have risen up as a "Cherry Ghost" to all those universal minded 'theologians? Nothing of value in all my concert goings over the years. But alas, he was right about one thing, my dear friend, who is one of the nicest people you would ever be lucky enough to call your best friend was hollering "Wilco" way too often for no real reason. Excitement? Misplaced etique, of course, hammer him, who ever you may be. But I was not able to really get him to realize everyone had already bought a ticket (or perhaps, borrowed one like the guy two over from me). You see, I apologize for offending anyone who is not optimal weight at Wilco concerts who threw their 'weight around', or the ones who hollered 'right in the ear' two seats over, or the guy who kept his girl friend directly in front of him, right in front of me leaving me with a paltry 18" x 24" to 'enjoy' this concert for ....me. Moving forward, such as no video policies, veryone needs to refrain, retain all internal forms of flatulence. If such forms enter a "WIlco Atmosphere" one needs to provide apology for farting during said event to a minimum of three seats by three seats from the "back seat" of origin. Moving forward, please note that both silent and audible farts will be monitored, isolated through available non-invasive technologies during future Wilco shows so the "gentleman" (e.g. jmbritt) who likely does not know when he farts can feel safe and secure. An ever insightful Wilco fan suggested placing such "No video taping" on both sides of entrance doors or better still, an entrance flip chart. Excellent! This behavioral misconduct monitoring notice will be added as well. I find so many people so small and never self-directed to improve themselves. The addition by substraction crowd who don't really live, nor contribute but tend, tend (to be fair to the grey out there and real gradations of depression) to live only vicarious lives through ..."Jeff Tweedy's". It's so old as I begin to embrace 'late Fall'....come on adults your acting like grown ups, act your age get back to compassion and hope. But if you want to bungle in this jungle (omg a loose Ian Anderson reference) go for it. I just want to rock in many forms when I am not operating on your lonely brain.

anyone wanna clarify? I didnt understand any of that haha