MUSICIANS: Celebrites at YOUR shows?

A few years back, I played a Gene Clark Tribute/charity show at the old Nevin's Live in Evanston.

Okay, so he got there later and, as the only solo/acoustic performer, I played first, so he probably didn't see ME, but George Wendt ("Norm" from Cheers) was in the audience. That was kinda cool.

Also, at one of my old band's final show (at the Lounge Ax), John Haggerty (Naked Raygun/Pegboy) and Larry Damore (Pegboy) were there and saw us play. They were nice and complimentary.

One more thing:

That same band's rehearsal space was in our drummer's huge apartment on Belmont. His roommate was one of the top guitar techs in the city and Urge Overkill used to hang out there periodically. Nice guys. Anyway, one night, Blackie Onasis (Urge Overkill) poked his head in on one of our rehearsals and sat around for a couple of songs. Also said very nice things.

So, nobody huge, but a couple of people you would call celebrities of some sort saw me play.