New Neil Young soon?

I love Neil but I wish he would take his foot off the gas a bit. I know its contary to his work ethic but I wish he would take a step back and really try to take some time to write some great songs. Sad to say I am more looking forward to the Archive releases than I am to any new material. Having said that I'm hope Neil will surprise me and come out with something great (although, in my opinion, he hasn't released a truly 'great' album since 'Sleeps with Angels'). I would really love one last great blast with Crazy Horse, something in the vein of 'Ragged Glory' and then concentrate on the Archives.

Better to burn out than to fade away.....

I love Neil but I wish he would take his foot off the gas a bit. I know its contary to his work ethic but I wish he would take a step back and really try to take some time to write some great songs. Sad to say I am more looking forward to the Archive releases than I am to any new material. Having said that I'm hope Neil will surprise me and come out with something great (although, in my opinion, he hasn't released a truly 'great' album since 'Sleeps with Angels'). I would really love one last great blast with Crazy Horse, something in the vein of 'Ragged Glory' and then concentrate on the Archives.

Better to burn out than to fade away.....

the stars seem to be aligning for either an acoustic album or crazy horse. or maybe not. i can see neil doing some symphony album next. would love to get a crazy horse tour or a solo acoustic tour.

I agree it is not in neil's nature to slow down but i wish at this point of his career he could. when he was younger and the creative juices were flowing it made sense.

Now we get stuff like Fork in the Road.....

I think he could still make good albums if he was more purposeful with his writing, but he has never done it that way and it is probably asking too much for him to do it now.