What can any of y'all tell me about this album? This song was recommended to me by a friend here at work, so I checked it out at YouTube:

Damn.

Here is what AllMusic had to say about their (apparently only) album:

All-star albums are usually dodgy affairs, but the over-arching talents -- and, more importantly, production experience -- of Masters at Work's Kenny Dope and Little Louie Vega keep Nuyorican Soul from being overburdened with cooks. Roy Ayers, George Benson, and Jazzy Jeff contribute prominently to four tracks, and vocalists Jocelyn Brown and India (Vega's wife) are heard as well, but over half of the album is comprised of instrumental tracks -- several which include Tito Puente on vibes and timbales, flutist Dave Valentin, trumpeter Charlie Sepulveda, organist/arranger Hilton Ruiz, and trombonist Steve Turre. In keeping with Masters at Work's heritage, most of the album is Latin in feel and jazzy in composition, but with ever-present synths and piano runs that belie their heavy dance heritage. Not that it's a crowded field, but Nuyorican Soul is one of the best all-star dance albums ever recorded.

I like what I'm hearing.

Anybody?

I have this record and it's amazing. Very funky. There is a George Benson track at the end that will blow your mind. The Roy Ayers stuff is pretty cool. I don't know too much about the guys that put the whole thing together but as an album it works really well.

My wife also loves the track 'Runaway' which has a nice funky disco vibe. Can't rememeber the vocalist on that one though.

^^ the volcalist is India, who's done a bunch of classic house tracks for Masters At Work - "I Can't Get No Sleep", "Love & Happiness" etc. This is a fantastic album, I've had in it on rotation for many years now. Just saw Louie Vega do his thing in Miami last week actually, dude's still got it.

one thing - you really have to like disco and house music to love this album. I only put that disclaimer since we're on a wilco board :)