So, talking about Lloyd Cole also got me thinking about Jules Shear. For some reason the two of them are linked in my head; probably because I also used to play this album around the same time that I played Don't Get Weird On Me, Babe:

f74679ux30i.jpg

Any thoughts on Mr. Shear? I know that he wrote a few hits for other folks (including "If She Knew What She Wants" for the Bangles). And I remember him hosting the original few episodes of MTV Unplugged.

Help?

Fans?

Because now I'm thinking about picking up that album pictured up there, but don't want to find that it's another dated-sounding AOR DadRock album.

Thanks

And as usual I am chiming in.

I have collected a whole bunch of Jules Shear albums, all of which I like better than Lloyd Cole. Cole is coupled in my minde with Richard Lloyd for no other reason than their names are similar. Go figure. Most are pretty easy to get both the LPs an CDs.

Shear on the other hand is a very good songwriter and his albums in general, both with the Polar Bears and by himself are good, if not outstanding and classics. the Eternal Return (I think is the name of it, but I will check when I am at home) is his best. The duets album is interesting. I have an EP of him singing his hits unplugged after the umplugged thing was a hit.

I have never seen him or Lloyd Cole in person.

LouieB