This months edition of Mojo (200th edition) has been put together by none other than Tom Waits. Its a cracking read and comes with a CD of Tom's favourite tracks. An interesting and eclectic bunch of tunes. I'm not a regular Mojo reader (I swithed to Uncut some years ago) but I would recommend picking this one up.

ps: There is no mention of Tom's impending record which should hopefully be out around the turn of the year.

I've been looking for this for almost two weeks and I can't find it, anywhere!

Yeah and I can't wait to hear news on the studio album and also the new Waits/ Robert Wilson play "A Very Dark Matter," which is set to premiere in Paris in early 2011! :dancing

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't want to snooze on picking up a copy. I still have my old back issue from 1999 (I think) which was another Tom-themed issue of MOJO, but he wasn't the "editor" that time around. :)

Leviticussly Deuteronomous,

Kevin

I've been looking for this for almost two weeks and I can't find it, anywhere!

Yeah and I can't wait to hear news on the studio album and also the new Waits/ Robert Wilson play "A Very Dark Matter," which is set to premiere in Paris in early 2011! :dancing

Hi Raindog. Is the new studio record music from the play, as with the Black Rider, Alice, Blood Money, or independent material?

Hi Raindog. Is the new studio record music from the play, as with the Black Rider, Alice, Blood Money, or independent material?

I've been wondeing about that, myself. I've known about the Waits/Wilson collaboration since Wilson mentioned it in a 2004 magazine article. I could only assume Tom had already written that material and was just waiting for the production to get going (Could be wrong, though. Don't know anything about how theatre works). However, ANTI posted a blog update last March saying Tom and his wife were busy in the writing stages for a new studio album that they planned to record that following summer... which never happend. So, really, I'm not all that sure, but I think (hope) they are two different projects! :yes